GAMEDAY!!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Well, screwed again on the TV watching.

But glad I didn’t drive 6+ hours for a game delay against SCS but still disappointing that I can see uga any time on usually more than one channel but watching Tech games that are not against top 20 teams is totally hit or miss.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Yea attendance here is sad. No support for our guys.
I was at the game, but I had to leave with the weather delays and being on a tight schedule. OK, it wasn't the best crowd even before the weather delays. However one positive thing about the crowd was many families with children showed up. When there are lightning delays and the PA announcer is telling people to leave their seats, those families are going to leave. Good for the fans that stayed. One other thing of note, last time South Carolina State played us, they brought a lot of fans and their band. Not this time. They played in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago against Jackson State in front of a large crowd at Ga. State's stadium and got beat pretty badly.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Anybody go to the pregame thingy they had.
What used to be in Calloway Plaza was done on North Ave in front on Wardlaw except now with cornhole.
20230909_113716.jpg

The part with the music was well attended by security:
20230909_113705.jpg

There was a players parents tailgate and a huge paid or invite only (possibly recruits) tailgate on the lawn in front of the Tech Tower.

I got a keychain. I passed on the $9 Chick-fil-A and walked back to the Student Center for a $5 Chick-fil-A.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
What used to be in Calloway Plaza was done on North Ave in front on Wardlaw except now with cornhole.
View attachment 14715

The part with the music was well attended by security:
View attachment 14716

There was a players parents tailgate and a huge paid or invite only (possibly recruits) tailgate on the lawn in front of the Tech Tower.

I got a keychain. I passed on the $9 Chick-fil-A and walked back to the Student Center for a $5 Chick-fil-A.
Man. I hope once we play an actual opponent at least some fans and students will turn out. That's darn frustrating to see them go to the effort to put somethign together and no one take advantage of it.

(Although I hear you about the $9 Chick-fil-a. Sheesh.)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Man. I hope once we play an actual opponent at least some fans and students will turn out. That's darn frustrating to see them go to the effort to put somethign together and no one take advantage of it.

(Although I hear you about the $9 Chick-fil-a. Sheesh.)
Attendance for the game was horrible.

31k tickets sold (attendance figure). Hurts me to say it, but I'm confident there were fewer than 20k at the game at 1:15pm, prior to weather pushing folks to the concourses. There was not a section at the stadium that approached 50% capacity pre- or post-weather except for the north student section, which was maybe 60-70%.