Gameday!!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Brothers and sisters, it is Gameday.

Well, after the long offseason the team did not perform as we had hoped in the first game last week. Miscues on the field, on the sideline and in the pressroom have left us all (how shall I put it?) . . . . unsatisfied.

But today is a new day, a day that will begin with a somber remembrance of the events of 20 years ago and then we can all gather at Grant Field or at your favorite big screen for some football.

So get up, say a prayer or have a moment of reflection for those who were lost and what we lost 20 years ago today and in the subsequent years as well. Then get your gold on and get ready to support the Brave and Bold as they take the next step in this season.

Toe meets leather at noon.

GO JACKETS!!

Sorry that it seems like I am phoning it in this time, but after the past week and between the 9/11 anniversary and the book I am reading, The Only Plane in the Sky, I am a little down right now. Nothing a little good football couldn't cure though.
I feel you, my friend. It’s been a complicated week for us as well (dealing with some lingering health issues with our 6mo old son). I found myself too emotionally spent to get riled up like normal this morning.

That being said, I refuse to miss moments of joy and so I am working myself up to the frenzy we all know and love of fanatical fandom. I got up early and made breakfast for the family - now we are going on a nice long walk with the pup.

I plan to be ready and prepared for battle today in two hours and counting. Sending you some positive BuzzVibes!
DAD0C502-BDF2-4C8C-922B-F65A3EA60F3C.jpeg

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Wish I was there. Instead, the wife bought tix to Austin Peay @ Ole Miss. Going to see the daughter play in the band again. Last night was homecoming at the high school, so no way we could be there today for game time.

Will watch the game before we leave.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hell, I will take he is accepted and attends GT. ....
I am currently a HS teacher. I have a student who just came back from touring GT. This kid has a perfect ACT score and has the resume and work ethic to make him Tech material. I asked him for his impressions and he said he felt that the campus was too urban for him. Keep in mind that we are in a suburb of a rather large city ourselves. My son was accepted a decade or so ago and came back from his tour. Told me he didnt feel like it was right for him (curriculum too narrow and he was unsure of his major). I think he was uneasy about telling me but I was glad he made the right choice for him. He grew up a Jacket fan (of course) and I didn't want him there solely because I went there too.

I point this out specifically to keep in mind for all of us relative to recruiting. We often times look for subterfuge when a kid chooses another school over GT (grades, cash, coaches can't recruit, etc.) when in reality GT is NOT a perfect fit for everyone. For a lot of valid reasons.