Gameday!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Drank a lot of bourbon after the win and then continued watching a ton of games.

Woke up this morning and rewatched the post games with CPJ and players.

Looking forward to the film break downs from you guys this week!

Go jackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
We came home after church and re watched the game. @MrsDrJacket particularly wanted to see if Parker Braun truly moved on the false start call, and if Jalen Camp's catch should've been allowed.

Enjoyed it all over again. There is a lot for them to work on. Gonna be interesting to see the movement from week one to week 2.
269402d867ef3c3b35a871b12e6e5373.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We came home after church and re watched the game. @MrsDrJacket particularly wanted to see if Parker Braun truly moved on the false start call, and if Jalen Camp's catch should've been allowed.

Enjoyed it all over again. There is a lot for them to work on. Gonna be interesting to see the movement from week one to week 2.

For m d j and u,

Here a pic of the walkup - band and cheer leaders.
20180901_102748.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Look at that crowd. It's a thing of beauty. We're looking forward to being there in October!
We were surprised by the crowd for Alcorn.
We love the walk up and go to every one of them.
At the first game the families of the new players are so in awe of the event. We always try to make them feel appreciated.
Get to feeling better and come back soon.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck

Well...did he move? I didn’t see it.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
We couldn't see a false start even re-watching on Sunday. Coaches may get a video angle that showed it. If it happened.

We also still felt like Jalen's 1-handed catch was in-bounds.

Jalen’s catch was basically as borderline as possible. Should have been whatever was called on the field. No way it should have been confirmed. It’s unclear if his heel touched, but if it did, it’s incomplete per the rules.

I rewatched the false start about 15 times looking at every lineman and the only thing I saw was some normal adjustment of the ball by Jahaziel. Everyone else was a dang statue. It had to have been a blown call. Hopefully coach can provide some more insight during the show. He’ll stick up for the big boys when they’re wronged and he’ll admit when they make mistakes. Still, just a baffling call. I guess the refs assumed that Alcorn had to have been flinched into being that offsides. Maybe the hardcount was just that good :)

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Jalen’s catch was basically as borderline as possible. Should have been whatever was called on the field. No way it should have been confirmed. It’s unclear if his heel touched, but if it did, it’s incomplete per the rules.

I rewatched the false start about 15 times looking at every lineman and the only thing I saw was some normal adjustment of the ball by Jahaziel. Everyone else was a dang statue. It had to have been a blown call. Hopefully coach can provide some more insight during the show. He’ll stick up for the big boys when they’re wronged and he’ll admit when they make mistakes. Still, just a baffling call. I guess the refs assumed that Alcorn had to have been flinched into being that offsides. Maybe the hardcount was just that good :)
I agree with you on Jalen's catch, except that it looked to us that the front half of his foot got down cleanly, if only briefly

It's analogous to the tie going to the runner in baseball. Except in football, they seem to err the other way and just call everything uncertain "out."

I'll be the 1st to say that on balance, across a whole season, we'll have some of those calls go our way that are equally borderline or worse.