Gameday Weather

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
thunderstorms in Chicago on Saturday

Will the (possible) rain/weather affect Notre Dame passing or our ground game more?

My thoughts are rain would be a plus for us

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
thunderstorms in Chicago on Saturday

Will the (possible) rain/weather affect Notre Dame passing or our ground game more?

My thoughts are rain would be a plus for us
IIRC it has in the past. You would think it wouldn't but seems that in rainy spring games and actual games we hold on to the ball pretty well.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Also 18 mph winds. Could affect passing but more likely field goals. Got to force them to long field goal attempts with their freshman kicker.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
I just bought some rain boots for the trip. Learned the hard way from that UNC game a few years ago that it sucks to have wet feet all afternoon, and it seems like every drop that dripped off my rain poncho went straight into my shoes.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
It's supposed to be out of there by the afternoon. Hopefully earlier afternoon than later.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Friend of mine is a ND fan. "Except this Saturday" Said the stadium is about 10 degrees cooler inside than it is outside. Could make for a very cold day in the seats. Dress warm.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
That weather makes me think of our ACCCG vs wake. So miserable to be in those strands.