Gameday weather forecast

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks everyone. If anyone is willing to let us crash a tailgate let me know. My daughter is a total lightweight so she will probably only drink a six pack. (I shouldn't even joke about that. I will probably get arrested by child services or killed by my wife). We will definitely check out yellow jacket alley. Looking forward to seeing GT in person for the first time!

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
would be happy to w/respect to tailgating except we are doing the fraternity thing. Imagine you can find a friendly group some where

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@lastoption - for things to do watch the GT site http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/geot-m-footbl-body.html

Thursday or Friday they should post all the things going on a couple hours before the game. The team walking up Yellow Jacket alley is good. As is watching the band play before that. Also, at the north entrance about a half hour before the game the band forms up on some steps before they rush into the stadium through a tunnel.

Like others recommended, Varsity is a must (Peptobismal may be needed) plus the Aquarium and looking at some of the Olympic things in Centennial park. Just don't be stupid and do things in remote places after dark - typical city dangers.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
The band does their pregame warmup at the Campanile (in front of the Student Center), then goes to main entrance to the library for a rousing version of the Budweiser song, then marches down the Hill lead by the Ramblin Wreck. They then perform on the steps in Calloway Plaza. After that it is time to find your seats to get the pregame show. The normal festivities are listed below:

Pregame Timeline
Time (prior to kickoff)
Time in in Hours to Kickoff:

3:30 Ticket Office Opens (Bobby Dodd Way)
3:00 Wreckfest Beings
2:30 Yellow Jacket Alley
2:00 Yellow Jacket Countdown Radio Show
2:00 Team enters stadium
1:30 Gates Open - Bobby Dodd Stadium
1:15 GT Marching Band Concert at Campanile
Time in Minutes to Kickoff:
45:00 GT Band March to Callaway Plaza from Library
40:00 GT Band & Cheerleaders on Callaway Plaza steps
23:00 GT Marching Band Pregame Show
9:55 Starting Lineups on Buzz Vision
8:55 Countdown to Kickoff on Buzz Vision
6:10 Introduction Video on Buzz Vision
3:00 Yellow Jackets Take the Field

Have fun!

Animal02

Banned
That is priceless....there were Pitt fans in front of us......didn't get to their seats until 10 minutes into the game, they must not have noticed previously, looked up at the scoreboard and said "what the ****?" The look on their faces was also priceless. They also left about 4 minutes into the 4th. :D

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
With it being homecoming there will be a lot of activities going on. Look up the homecoming schedule for the wreck parade, etc.

Never understood why the parade is held at 8:00AM - too early! Think I only made it to one while I lived on campus.

There will be an alumni tailgate on the lawn in front of the Tower, they have a food tent but you had to register several weeks ago for it to be reasonable $. If it is like last year they will have some Tech give-aways and you can get a picture with the alumni-Wreck by just walking up (no admittance cost).

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks everyone. If anyone is willing to let us crash a tailgate let me know. My daughter is a total lightweight so she will probably only drink a six pack. (I shouldn't even joke about that. I will probably get arrested by child services or killed by my wife). We will definitely check out yellow jacket alley. Looking forward to seeing GT in person for the first time!

If you're an IEEE member or a EE/Comp.E/CS or thought about playing with a robotics kit that one time, you can come crash the IEEE student branch's 100th birthday tailgate. Same to anybody else, just let me know you're coming.

Animal02

Banned
Never understood why the parade is held at 8:00AM - too early! Think I only made it to one while I lived on campus.

So you can start drinking early :D. I was in one......even made it on the evening news. Unfortunately......the wreck parade as really diminished based on the one I saw in '08. Not many "wrecks" and more "float" type entries. I guess there is not as much tolerance for the frats having them parked in the park yards all year.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So you can start drinking early :D. I was in one......even made it on the evening news. Unfortunately......the wreck parade as really diminished based on the one I saw in '08. Not many "wrecks" and more "float" type entries. I guess there is not as much tolerance for the frats having them parked in the park yards all year.

Yea, they have you lock your entries in a lot all year and they opened it this past Friday for people to get them and start working, so its easier to do the float type. Heard from my undergrad chapter that this year they're also going to tow wrecks on the street by today if they're not a certain % complete. It all sounds dumb since I know we did 40% of our work Friday and all through the night. We always went for the " make the biggest thing you can possibly construct" plan.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
So you can start drinking early :D.

Yeah, but you gotta pace yourself and make sure your supplies are laid in. Missed that last part for the '85 UGAg game and we ran out just before game time. The headache I had in the 2nd half :hurting::inpain: - it was decades before I willingly consumed rum again.

Animal02

Banned
Yea, they have you lock your entries in a lot all year and they opened it this past Friday for people to get them and start working, so its easier to do the float type. Heard from my undergrad chapter that this year they're also going to tow wrecks on the street by today if they're not a certain % complete. It all sounds dumb since I know we did 40% of our work Friday and all through the night. We always went for the " make the biggest thing you can possibly construct" plan.
We worked on ours for three weeks......how do they expect anything creative in just a few days?