Gameday weather forecast

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@JBR let's hope our D pressure dominates the whooos

@Yoda ...ditto bro. Well I wasn't a wee lad but was definitely a dumb teen. Never imagined at the time that a 6-3 game could be exciting. Wind made the game ugly but it was definitely exciting.

@Yoda ...ditto bro. Well I wasn't a wee lad but was definitely a dumb teen. Never imagined at the time that a 6-3 game could be exciting. Wind made the game ugly but it was definitely exciting.
A game that should never have been that close. Just another example of a Tech team getting too confident and losing, or in that case almost losing a game they should have easily won.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The weather that day was a blessing for VT. We were a balanced O with ver good passing attack. VT ran, as their standard D, a 5-2. They were very good vs the run. The crazy *** wind literally and drastically changed the flight of every ball put up in the air. Thus we were forced, by the elements, to run the ball...which again was VTs strength that year. Any other day that year we would have handled them with much more ease.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer

I wasn't too young. 13 I believe. Still in the husky section, but not near enough fat on me and too young for booze for that day. I watched VT get off the bus. They were huge!!

Animal02

Banned
How much wind gets into BDS these days? The north end is pretty much enclosed, and the south end you have a solid building and the field is really below ground level. It was quite different when the north stands was just metal bleachers.

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
Let me get this straight. I am coming to town for one day from chicago and it is going to be 50 degrees with hurricane force winds? (Ok. Maybe slight exaggeration but that is still pretty weak). It damn well better be a great day for the TO.

Sorry to ask for advice but any suggestion on what to do pre-post game? Bringing my 11 year of daughter. We have never been to GT or even Atlanta for that matter.

Animal02

Banned
Let me get this straight. I am coming to town for one day from chicago and it is going to be 50 degrees with hurricane force winds? (Ok. Maybe slight exaggeration but that is still pretty weak). It damn well better be a great day for the TO.

Sorry to ask for advice but any suggestion on what to do pre-post game? Bringing my 11 year of daughter. We have never been to GT or even Atlanta for that matter.

Try to find someone on here that will let you crash their tailgate pre-game. Post game - a stop at the Varsity.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am actually coming in to see the game from Charleston and not really looking forward to cold wind - now forecast at 25 plus mph. But I think it should favor GT. As far as the varsity, I would advise post game as it can be a bit rough on the digestive tract if you are not used to it