Gameday Improvements Coming, Courtesy of ISyE Senior Design

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.isye.gatech.edu/news/st...nior-design-winners-solve-real-world-problems

Dec 16, 2016 | Atlanta, GA

Twenty-three teams from the Stewart School of Industrial & Systems Engineering (ISyE) participated in the Fall 2016 Senior Design Capstone Expo on Dec. 6, 2016. At the Expo, Team Wrigley’s Lifesavers took home the ISyE Judges’ Choice Award. Out of the 23 teams, three – GTAA Gameday Flow, Janssen Plan, and CDC HIV Network – were selected as finalists to compete in Best of Senior Design on Dec. 14. Senior Design team GTAA Gameday Flow was chosen as the first-place winner.

Senior Design Team GTAA Gameday Flow was tasked by the Georgia Tech Athletic Association (GTAA) to redesign game day operations to improve the fan experience at Bobby Dodd Stadium. The team created a new staffing plan at all entry gates, which will reduce average fan waiting time by 78 percent. The team delivered a concept design for a new concession stand in the southeast corridor that integrates the Tapingo mobile ordering platform. The new stand will pay for itself while simultaneously reducing the congestion in the lower east corridor by 64 percent. The team developed a business case for using Tapingo at all stadium concession stands. They additionally proposed a police offer placement plan on Northside Drive that can reduce average traffic commute time on this road by 73 percent. The recommendations will save fans 13,000 hours of wait time over a season.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Finally we started using the resources we have to excel. Certainly the finest Institute in the world can leverage our immense intellectual capital to produce world class results. Let's hope Bud Petersen or some other sports hater on the Hill doesn't figure out how to ban future improvement activities.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Wow, it's almost like you have a top notch engineering school at your disposal that you could use to benefit the students, the fans/community, and the university, all at once ;)

Wish you guys had a business school who could find a way to make this a recurring thing, leading to more improvements.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I hope someone integrated into their plan to update audio into the North Stands.
There are times in section 121 area to when you can't hear the audio (announcements or music).
It would be nice to be involved with what is being said.
I've designed football stadium audio projects and their are ways to accomplish eliminating these dead zones.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Good to hear. My favorite absurdity is getting to the suite level on the north end zone they have someone "controlling" the elevators, and I use quotes because none of the lifts are set to operator mode. So basically you have a minimum wage employee trying to outthink an elevators design which results in everyone being dumber and less efficient.