Game Thread - @ Clemson, 3/6/2020

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Not our best game by any stretch. Not the best game by the officials either... again. Our guys didn’t give up though. They played hard for the win at the end and got it.
Devoe came up big down the stretch. Everybody in the building knew he was our only option to score down the stretch and he still got his. Next year, if he can eliminate the dead end drives that end in turnovers, he could really be something special.
Congrats to this team for grinding it out and getting better this year. Thanks for 7 home wins in a row. That was fun. Looking forward to more butts in seats in McCamish next season.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Awesome win. So many of these slipped away from us earlier in the season. Dang, we could've had easily 20 wins this year. Still, we now have hope for next year vs. mass exodus if we lost the full appeal. Wish the girls could've won as well - would have been a great night.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You could tell we were playing on short rest, the effort wasn’t there for the first 10 mins or so, but we turned it on to finish the half. How many times did we score at 39 in the first half this year?

Thought the refs were **** (again). Clemson got away with two intentional fouls. A blind man could have called the one at the end of the first half on Usher, and they clearly grabbed Jose’s arm on his breakaway in the second.

Worst game for Jose in a looong time, and we still found a way. Nice job guys! So proud of how we finished the regular season. Pastner did a good job of keeping them together when the fan base was ready to run him outta town and we finished strong.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Ya know, I have to admit when we were down 9 with 6 minutes left that I thought we were toast. We had blown a lead like this at Syracuse and I expected us to fold our tents and go home . Then Jose fouls out, surely we’re done now, right? But Devoe and Banks carried us to victory.

after being a skeptic all year, this win impressed me.

I now look forward to next season.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win! Each coach needs to be on the road trying to find a grad transfer. We have everything a transfer is looking for. It’s time to find someone who can help with Banks departing.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Great win! Each coach needs to be on the road trying to find a grad transfer. We have everything a transfer is looking for. It’s time to find someone who can help with Banks departing.
I'll take Kai Sotto. If we can't get him, then go for a transfer.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’d rather have a grad transfer that’s been through the wars before, who is known as a rim protector. It wouldn’t hurt if he scored 10-12 per game either!
Yes! I’m good with “small ball” having Moses at the 5. We could push tempo and play like we did in the first half but a solid big to give what Banks provides would be huge. I just want to see this team stay healthy, hold onto leads and figure out an identity on offense and stop with the freshman level turnovers. But after this last month I’m all in on next season! I say we’re a 20+ win team and a possible second weekend team in the NCAA tournament!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Seen a thing on him today that he was possibly skipping college to prep for the draft
Well there goes that plan lol.
I’d rather have a grad transfer that’s been through the wars before, who is known as a rim protector. It wouldn’t hurt if he scored 10-12 per game either!
Yeah, I would like to have that, but I'm also looking at the future. I think we can get away with Wright and Cole rotating at the 5 with Saba playing about 10 mins a game.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It's crazy to think about.. if we would've won against Arkansas and Ball State we probably wouldn't have dropped the appeal and we'd be right there on the bubble.
Or if we could have held on against Notre Dame and Virginia at home. Also had the chance to beat Louisville and Duke.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Look - I hated the drop of the post season appeal because this team had got some swagger, but I think the reality is that the swag will persist.

Our back court next year is scary, some might say dominant, and frankly I can’t argue.

If Saba is 80% of what we are hoping, then we have got a shot at a real big.

Evan and Moses will take care of the inside - full stop - so we just have to find a dude to score from mid range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk