Game Thread - @ Clemson, 3/6/2020

GT19901990

Georgia Tech Fan
We never ever win @ Clemson.... Period Would be a monumental win if they could somehow pull it off. When was the last time we swept Clemson?? Probably have done it once or twice in last 25 years.

I think we play a good game, but blow it in the end for another L in Little stinkin’ John.

I bet our record @ Clemson is as bad as @ Duke. Clemson leads all times series by like 8 games, they have always owned us @ their place.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We never ever win @ Clemson.... Period Would be a monumental win if they could somehow pull it off. When was the last time we swept Clemson?? Probably have done it once or twice in last 25 years.

I think we play a good game, but blow it in the end for another L in Little stinkin’ John.

I bet our record @ Clemson is as bad as @ Duke. Clemson leads all times series by like 8 games, they have always owned us @ their place.

When was the last time before this year Clemson won @UNC?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is -4
This is a winnable game but we’ve had mental blocks at Little John. A win tonight would be a great way to end the season and carry over into next year. I expect us to play our best game of the year with it being our last. Especially Banks. Clemson has something to play for too with a possible NIT bid. Should be an intense game tonight. I’m taking us +4 and the money line. We win tonight!

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is really about us and how the players are dealing with the reality of the situation they are in. One thing to come out with energy at home on Sr night - another to be staring at the end of the season on the road at Clemson. I know we can win this game but 7 PM on a Friday night in Clemson knowing that is it - who knows what team comes out. Can't say I would blame them a ton if they did say the hadies with it. Not really Jose's style I know but we'll see.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
GT will play hard. So, I think the way the game is officiated will have a pivotal bearing. If the officials let them play, we have a puncher's chance. If the officials call it tight and get our usual suspects in foul trouble early and put Clemson at the free throw line 25 times, then it should go like most games go at Littlejohn.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’ll stop short of calling it a W, but I suspect that we will play with great effort. Clemson plays better at home, but I’ll be surprised if we’re not in a position to win it in crunch time.

IMO, I think Wasp is dead on. It will come down to how this one is officiated. Maybe all these non-calls and being on the wrong side of some real **** officiating over the last 5-6 games will flip and we get the benefit tonight.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Since losing to Louisville, the team has gone 8 and 3. The 3 loses were all on the road. Only road win in that stretch was @ Wake.

I wonder if the Vegas line considers that the closest Sheetz gas-station market is 100 miles away?

And after tonight the season’s over -- just feels so abrupt.

/

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson is a top25 team at home, so this will be a tough one. Would love to see the guys go out on a win.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Here we go!

64943dcbd37f3be6043dadcad6ef6be8.jpg

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I get that there's little to be motivated about at this point, but this has been beyond lackluster the whole game. We might even pull this game out, but I'll still be disappointed in the overall lack of effort and incoherent teamwork.

Deleted member 2897

We finish no worse than 6th out of 15 in the ACC. If Syracuse loses their final game, we finish 5th. Amazing. Oh how things might have turned out had we had Usher and Jose and Devoe in all our games.

We won 6 of our last 7 and 8 of our last 10.