Game Day Apparel

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Wearing the cape day jersey, gold cap. Just got to figure out which pants to wear. I’m thinking the khaki.

268067d8ec14facc44c7b600281c7569.jpg

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Dang. Sounds like I'll need an XXL. The XL fit great from last years

I’d say, like I always have with Adidas (even before I stopped selling it), to try it on. That’s why I will not buy adidas unless I physically try each piece on. Even if I’ve already bought that exact style in a different color. It happens way too frequently with all Adidas apparel. Case in point, the bookstore has a new(er) shipment of the gold GameMode polo in that fits totally different (smaller) than prior shipments, and even totally different than the white and blue Game Mode (exact same shirts, just different color) on the rack right beside them. I tried them on prior to the last home game, noticed the dramatic difference, even mentioning it to the gentleman working that day (he’s the only one I’ve ever found that’s knowledgeable about the apparel there), and he confirmed that some of the more recent shipments (replenishing current styles, not new styles) are “way smaller” than they have been.

So never buy adidas unless you try on. Or like to gamble.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I’d say, like I always have with Adidas (even before I stopped selling it), to try it on. That’s why I will not buy adidas unless I physically try each piece on. Even if I’ve already bought that exact style in a different color. It happens way too frequently with all Adidas apparel. Case in point, the bookstore has a new(er) shipment of the gold GameMode polo in that fits totally different (smaller) than prior shipments, and even totally different than the white and blue Game Mode (exact same shirts, just different color) on the rack right beside them. I tried them on prior to the last home game, noticed the dramatic difference, even mentioning it to the gentleman working that day (he’s the only one I’ve ever found that’s knowledgeable about the apparel there), and he confirmed that some of the more recent shipments (replenishing current styles, not new styles) are “way smaller” than they have been.

I've noticed GOLD colors fit slimmer than navy. Is this due to the type of fabric used for the color? Its held up true almost to all styles, polos, tshirts, hoodies.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I've noticed GOLD colors fit slimmer than navy. Is this due to the type of fabric used for the color? Its held up true almost to all styles, polos, tshirts, hoodies.

Hmmm...that’s a good question, and not a pattern I’ve paid close enough attention to to notice. I’ll pay more attention to that to see if this may be something.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow

This goes for any clothing. I bought some Nike coaches shirts for our travel baseball team and you had to order over the internet to get the name on it. I always wear xlarge or xlarge tall if they have it. These shirts come and they are tight as hell, like a medium fit, and they don't reach the top of my waist. The Under Armour shirt , xlarge, fits fine. Ridiculous.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
This goes for any clothing. I bought some Nike coaches shirts for our travel baseball team and you had to order over the internet to get the name on it. I always wear xlarge or xlarge tall if they have it. These shirts come and they are tight as hell, like a medium fit, and they don't reach the top of my waist. The Under Armour shirt , xlarge, fits fine. Ridiculous.

As a clothing retailer (I am), the constant problem with adidas is that the sizing is inconsistent, even within the same style. You can pick up two Adidas pieces off the rack that are the exact same style, same size on the tag, and have two completely different fits. One of the reasons I don’t carry adidas anymore. Under Armour is one of the most consistently sized brands out there. If you know your size in their particular cuts (Compression, Fitted, Loose), you can almost always blind order and count on it to fit. You can order two identical shirts from adidas and have two different fits. Talk to people who do or have retailed adidas. We all say the same thing. Even down to their shoes.