Game 9 Media #GTvsNCSU

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Dave P is growing on me.
There’s been a lot of impatience with him, but I saw some good things even last year in his offense. I noticed several times in later games that he was doing a great job of designing route combinations that resulted in receivers being open, but James Graham was unable to get the ball to them, whether due to lack of protection or accuracy. He’s a smart guy who knows his football. If our QB and OL play continue to improve, I think we’ll all be quite pleased with the results.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
If we continue to develop on the offensive line, Coach P will have some of (if not the) the best pieces in the ACC to build a powerful offense. We're young yes and prone to some stupid mistakes, but our guys at the skill positions are outstanding.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I rewatched a recording of the game yesterday and rewound many, many plays. There was some big time lack of effort on more than one play from two of our OL. Terrible stuff there. BK needs to fix that.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I was surprised to head CDP say he prefers being on the sideline. I also thought he seemed active and engaged (and can't argue with the gameplay of our QB with this change). Hope he stays there since it seems to work with our QB1 and is his preference.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
There’s been a lot of impatience with him, but I saw some good things even last year in his offense. I noticed several times in later games that he was doing a great job of designing route combinations that resulted in receivers being open, but James Graham was unable to get the ball to them, whether due to lack of protection or accuracy. He’s a smart guy who knows his football. If our QB and OL play continue to improve, I think we’ll all be quite pleased with the results.
To be honest he’s one of the few True Football guys on the staff. ( Key, Coleman, Choice) I mean he started recruiting Chayden Perry with “Sup Dude love the Tape” or something like that.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Interesting listening to Coach Doeren. He talked at some length about Tech. He was concerned about the running backs and emphasized the need for the Pack to tackle well as they did against Syracuse. He compared Tech to Liberty in our commitment to running the football and having a quarterback who is dangerous in space. He did not say too much about the defense other than mentioning Tech's defense does a "lot of things" and has big safeties. It is their last home game, Senior Day, and all of that so we will have to play well to win. On defense, NC State has a huge tackle who moves well and is very disruptive. If we are going to run the ball, our line has to block that guy, no two ways about it and they have a linebacker number 11 who is smart and leads the team in interceptions. For us, I think it will come down to running the football. They are the kind of team that will make you pay for multiple three and outs. IIWII