Game 8 Uniforms #DUKEvsGT

At least we don’t have phrases on the back of our shirts where the name goes.
If we can Recruit like UNC and have reasonably quick turnarounds like Mack has done up there it would be well worth it, or maybe you're from the crowd that thinks that Mack & his staff has gotten better play out of UNC due to genius play-calling?

I wonder why so many GT Fans get upset at what other Programs do when they are within the "letter of the NCAA law", instead of getting mad we should find the things that GT can do within the "letter of the Law" and do it to our benefit

We as a Fanbase and a Program can't "hate the other Teams" and that hate will somehow elevate us

I'm sure the guys from UNC's next Recruiting Class like it, even though I hated, I do realize things like that are for idealistic kids

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
If we can Recruit like UNC and have reasonably quick turnarounds like Mack has done up there it would be well worth it, or maybe you're from the crowd that thinks that Mack & his staff has gotten better play out of UNC due to genius play-calling?

I wonder why so many GT Fans get upset at what other Programs do when they are within the "letter of the NCAA law", instead of getting mad we should find the things that GT can do within the "letter of the Law" and do it to our benefit

We as a Fanbase and a Program can't "hate the other Teams" and that hate will somehow elevate us

I'm sure the guys from UNC's next Recruiting Class like it, even though I hated, I do realize things like that are for idealistic kids
Dude, wtf are you even talking about? Chill out for a second. Nobody said anything about UNC, recruiting, or the “letter of the law”. You fabricated that entire argument when there was nothing there.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Yea me too, Mike...if they actually had white numbers and real striping. Adidas has blown for 2yrs but hopefully they get it right next year.

For some reason that gold on that blue does not look good at all. Russell did better for us than adidas has done for us. We’re on the end of the bench together with this I think,

Milwaukee

Banned
Lol you really think Russell was better? You must be old
Our Russell unis were gorgeous until the coaching change before the 08 season. I’m not saying Paul had anything at all to do with that so please don’t think that. I do think the Athletic Department and Russell got stupid and thought “let’s change our uniforms now for this fresh start and new era”. It’s been a gd nightmare ever since. We were 100% right to leave Russell.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
For some reason that gold on that blue does not look good at all. Russell did better for us than adidas has done for us. We’re on the end of the bench together with this I think,
My take is because it is “sand” and not a real dark or old gold like on the Russell unis above. I would prefer the timeless stripes & white lettering trimmed in a deep gold.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Our Russell unis were gorgeous until the coaching change before the 08 season. I’m not saying Paul had anything at all to do with that so please don’t think that. I do think the Athletic Department and Russell got stupid and thought “let’s change our uniforms now for this fresh start and new era”. It’s been a gd nightmare ever since. We were 100% right to leave Russell.
As many others have said, the 2006 uni set was perfect. Gold, blue, and white jerseys, with white and gold pants. All of them had the traditional stripes on them. The gold had sheen to it and it wasn’t flat like the current gold is. Add in the current white helmet and Tech easily has a top tier uniform set in the country.

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
Adidas looks better to the athletes, we were legit the last team to have uniforms made by Russell before they stopped making uniforms so not really a big sell to recruits. Not saying those early 90s uniforms weren’t classic but the game has changed, these athletes want brand names, tik tok and insta videos and to be able to brand themselves. I think Tech is doing the best they can to keep up with the ever changing landscape of college athletics. It will pay dividends whether under Cgc or someone else but it is an important foundation.

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t know if I can ever scrub those musterd colored Russell’s out of my memory bank, different eras though. I got no qualm with how things were back in the day. Some of my best memories will be of athletes in those Russell unis. I just think times have changed. It’s just irrelevant to compare anymore because russell is non existent in college athletics, and we should support whatever our athletes like as they are the ones taking the hits out there. Either way Go Jackets beat dook !!!