As a reminder, here is what Pitt has scored so far this year:
Syracuse: 21
Louisville: 23
NC State: 29
Boston College: 30
Miami: 19
Notre Dame: 3
Florida State: 41

The outlier is Florida State. Florida State had 3 turnovers, while Pittsburgh had 0. Florida State ran 76 plays, more than Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh only had 1 drive longer than 50 yards (and it was in garbage time). They had 3 TDs on drives less than 35 yards. Florida State rotated through 3 different QBs, each of who threw an interception. Florida State averaged more per rush than Pittsburgh did on offense. Pittsburgh's offense put up a ho hum 350 yards of offense. Pickett (QB for Pittsburgh) threw for 210 yards and ran for 13. No TDs, no Ints. He basically played calm and under control and made no mistakes...and also did nothing outstanding. Nobody had more than 2 catches other than Addison who had 11. I think as others have said we need to try and rattle Pickett, give help on Addison, and leave Curry 2 yards off the line to read the RB. Please don't send him in to blitz or into the wash for the love of pete.
Pitt reminds me of BC at times: experienced QB who is mobile, can exploit our breakdowns on D as he moves around. With their OL, they will line up and run at will, then get our DBs to overcommit to the run and bust a long pass. Basically SOS on D every week. Sometimes I wonder if they even watch game films to see the mistakes they keep making week, after week, after week. IMO, Curry is too small to play D line and too slow to play LB. I love his work ethic. He gives everything he has , but......
As for my prediction- different game, familiar script. We will come out flat and confused because Pitt does something we have not prepared for. We will be behind by 17+ at half, show a little life in second half to get within 10, then lose by 20. Pitt 33, Tech 13......

Deleted member 2897

Pitt reminds me of BC at times: experienced QB who is mobile, can exploit our breakdowns on D as he moves around. With their OL, they will line up and run at will, then get our DBs to overcommit to the run and bust a long pass. Basically SOS on D every week. Sometimes I wonder if they even watch game films to see the mistakes they keep making week, after week, after week. IMO, Curry is too small to play D line and too slow to play LB. I love his work ethic. He gives everything he has , but......
As for my prediction- different game, familiar script. We will come out flat and confused because Pitt does something we have not prepared for. We will be behind by 17+ at half, show a little life in second half to get within 10, then lose by 20. Pitt 33, Tech 13......

When I watch tape and isolate on Curry, I see a guy with a strong football IQ who can be good if we put him in the right situations. He seems to play extremely well if he’s 1-2 yards off the line, free to see and move. If he tries to blitz or tries to attack the line when he sees the play and gets into the wash on the line it’s over.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
When I watch tape and isolate on Curry, I see a guy with a strong football IQ who can be good if we put him in the right situations. He seems to play extremely well if he’s 1-2 yards off the line, free to see and move. If he tries to blitz or tries to attack the line when he sees the play and gets into the wash on the line it’s over.

He's on pace to exceed his career bests in TFL and with one more sack he'll match his career high. He's not the best at pass rushing but I don't think he's the liability he's been painted as either. Most of the misses are because someone else on the D isn't where they are supposed to be.

Milwaukee

Banned
Re: Experienced QB Reference
Jurkovec is a beast and is gonna be a great one, but experienced he is not. He’s still green. He’s a 1st year starting RS SO. Pickett is a 3rd year starting SR. Just a heads up.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I think as others have said we need to try and rattle Pickett, give help on Addison, and leave Curry 2 yards off the line to read the RB. Please don't send him in to blitz or into the wash for the love of pete.
I think Curry has been successful once on a blitz this season. I'm serious, move Curry to the defensive tackle and put Knight in his place. Knight gives us speed at the linebacker position. I'll give this to Curry, he's probably the toughest player we've got on defense and he wouldn't get pancaked. Is Clayton going to play?

Deleted member 2897

Yeah, but see the other thread. We don't have enough players, either.

Just read that. If we’re going to want to cancel due to injuries and a lack of testing capacity, we should just fold up camp and end the season. Reminds me of Todd’s bull**** all-in support of UCF canceling a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.