• Duke by 7-13

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Duke by 14+

Votes: 15 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I predict, per the usual, Duke will beat our ***. Doesn't matter if we are undefeated or a 1 win team Duke seems to always have our number. They see GT step out onto the field and turn into 85 Bears and destroy us.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
You must be young. What you describe is a VERY recent aberration.
My good sir, I will have you know I am 27 I wouldn't call myself young. However, I meant recently, for the last what 8-9 years Duke has been the bane of our existence? I remember several years where we were undefeated or highly ranked and we beat really good teams and then got our *** handed to us by Duke.. Very annoying. I hold my breath every time we play them.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
My good sir, I will have you know I am 27 I wouldn't call myself young. However, I meant recently, for the last what 8-9 years Duke has been the bane of our existence? I remember several years where we were undefeated or highly ranked and we beat really good teams and then got our *** handed to us by Duke.. Very annoying. I hold my breath every time we play them.
Agreed. Losing to Duke is annoying. But, the reason I said you must be young (and I agree 27 is not that young relative to what I'm talking about) is that in the past 30 years (1990-2019), we are 23-7 against Duke. Since 1990, we lost in 1994, 2003, and then 5 of the past 6 years. We have literally owned Duke outside of the last 6 years. 22-2 against Duke between 1990 and 2013.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Duke is no bueno this year, and Chase Brice is a turnover machine. Tech by 7 (38-31). Brice throws 2 picks and we kick a FG, a short one.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
We've had WEEKS to prepare to show something new esp on OFf
Is this a joke? LMAO. Sims will still be turnover prone and turn it over 2+ times, and Patenaude will still call the conservative plays he always does. I am only basing this on the fact that I really haven't seen any improvement on offense since the FSU game, the first game of the season (excluding Louisville but that was ONE game), we are making the same mistakes every game with no signs of improvement which isn't good.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
27 is still young there padawan. However you are completely correct for the last 8 years or so, duke has had our number. It’s frustrating because I remember a time when Duke was a gimme win every season. Even the first few under Cutcliffe.

GT_EE78

Banned
Since the transitive property is never wrong and we've had 3 common opponents:
It's Duke 30 GT 23
i'll watch Bama/Auburn first so i'm likely to see at least one team's worth of quality football today.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
This is painful to watch. Kicking game errors that should never happen. Terrible offense. Awful defense. Coaching is non existent. This is the worst GT athletics has been in 50 years. We aren’t good at anything. Baseball? Maybe, but nobody cares about baseball.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This is painful to watch. Kicking game errors that should never happen. Terrible offense. Awful defense. Coaching is non existent. This is the worst GT athletics has been in 50 years. We aren’t good at anything. Baseball? Maybe, but nobody cares about baseball.
At least when UGA comes to town to play baseball the crowd is 75%+ Tech fans. Can’t say that for basketball or football

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
Our QB is overrated at this point. He turns the ball over way to much. Can’t always blame poor decisions and ball security on poor oline play.
Yes the oline is bad. The play that stands out is when Defouur watched his guy run right by him and barely moved. Could have been a breakdown in protection, but either way, he wasn’t blocking anyone on that play.

This was a reply to a post that has been “cancelled”! Cancel Culture at work I guess.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Our QB is overrated at this point.
I wouldn't say this. Sims makes a lot of freshman mistakes but he does a lot of good stuff too. If he cleans up his turnovers, the way he did in the Louisville game, he will be something special!

Also I am eating my words on my predictions, I thought we were going to get our *** handed to us since Duke recently has always beaten us. Glad to see the team rally!