Game 7 #BCvsGT Media

slugboy

Staff member
Didn’t we unecpectedly switch to the 3-3 for Geoff’s upset win over UNC in the dome a few years ago? Biggers seems like a tailor-made nose for this.

whatever scheme we use I really hope Sherrer goes primarily with an aggressive 1-gap technique on the line, I hate 2-gap and our linebackers are not good enough to make the plays behind it.
We did, but sometimes it can be tough to tell the difference between players executing well and being fired up vs a scheme change when it’s just one game.

Maybe we are better off with a different scheme (3-3-5, 3-4, etc), but for maybe 5 of our first 6 games this season we weren’t tackling well or setting the edge or getting everyone to the ball. If you’re not executing, every scheme looks bad.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This is right. Leadership calls out things like that. What leadership doesn’t do is point a finger at one player or a small group publicly. The old adage that you praise in public and correct in private carries a lot of weight, so I see the other side as well. However, IMPO, voicing a concern publicly that doesn’t isolate a player or small group of players (such as or DBs just weren’t focused for the game) can be a good thing, particularly if it is identified by the coaches already and has been discussed as a team. I’m pretty sure this is the case.
Good point. He didn't point fingers to individuals or parts of the team, he addressed the issue at large. And he didn't exempt himself.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
we used soem 3-3 last year. I would love if we shifted to it as a base D its usually easier to get 3 athletic LBs than it is to get 4 DL needed for an even front, but i am skeptical of us changing defensive paradigms in a bye week. We may have expanded the personnel grouping though and we might use it more with big Zeek playing a 2 gap nose (though 3-3 stacks are usually 1 gap defenses)
Well We have had sucsess in the past with it so. I like it plus it's not like we're switching to a 3-4 so our guys have some familiarity. I think we used it as a secondary scheme.