Votes: 22 13.3%
  • BC by 14+

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Poll included.
I watched them play Pitt and win in overtime. Impressed by their grit and ability to throw deep. Watched them against Texas State. Not so much even though they won. Watched them against UNC and not impressed with either team. This game might be like that Virginia Tech - Wake Forest game that infamously ended regulation scoreless and Frank holding his arms up in triumph. A shaky, very shaky, nod to BC because they are at home FWIW and the ability of their receivers to get open deep with a quarterback that can throw accurately deep. Tech can win this game by getting pressure on that guy. No running game to speak of and their defense is pretty good but not dominating. A low scoring game is what I anticipate that could go either way with a field goal...oops!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Us: 29
Them: 31

We score late, go for 2 and get it. They march down the field and kick a 53 yarder to win it in the final seconds.
That is what Pitt did to tie BC and force overtime and then after both teams scored TDs, the same guy for Pitt that kicked the 50 plus yard field goal in regulation missed the extra point.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Their biggest strength ( passing game ) is our biggest weakness ( pass defense ). Hopefully we can create some turnovers to keep it close. BTW , BC is probably motivated after getting shellacked by VT 40-14.
Head : BC 27 - Tech 17 Heart: Tech 28 - BC 24
40-14 a shellacking? How about 73-7? Or whatever the final score was...

I suspect both teams are angry after last week. Depends on who wants it more.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
40-14 a shellacking? How about 73-7? Or whatever the final score was...

I suspect both teams are angry after last week. Depends on who wants it more.
Another poster had said WE should be fired up after losing 73-7.......like BC would NOT be ....... I should have added "too". They had 5 turnovers against VT that took them out of the game. Agreed, it will depend on who wants it more.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Another poster had said WE should be fired up after losing 73-7.......like BC would NOT be ....... I should have added "too". They had 5 turnovers against VT that took them out of the game. Agreed, it will depend on who wants it more.
GT’s a psycho team right now. I wouldn’t want to play us after a loss like Clemp. I suspect we’ll come out focused and determined. It’s how we roll after getting blistered. I know nothing about BC, but I believe they’re normally like we used to be. I could be wrong.

GT wins big tomorrow. 2 TDs or more. Sims is ice (only 1 big mistake) plus he gets loose 4-5 times and we get Gibbs in open space for some really big gains, the WRs look more like they did against FSU, Smith give us a healthy 60 on 6 or 7 carries, D generates the sacks we been waiting for plus a couple key TOs. We get torched 2 or 3 times but GT scores 5+. It’s an all around great game.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Hope we can get a pass rush and cover somebody in the secondary. 48-21 BC key for us is to win the To battle +3