Game 5 #PITTvsGT Uniforms

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
First time with this color combination since 2012 and first time with Adidas.
I'm very curious how you know this. Not questioning the truth of it. ...but where are different color combinations tracked?

Also... what are the elements of a combo? Is it simply 3 things: color of helmet, jersey, & pants? Or more?

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm very curious how you know this. Not questioning the truth of it. ...but where are different color combinations tracked?

Also... what are the elements of a combo? Is it simply 3 things: color of helmet, jersey, & pants? Or more?
I’m not sure if they’re tracked anywhere officially. I know there’s a Twitter account called GT Uni Vault that posts these sort of things and historical uniform info as well (definitely worth a follow if you’re on Twitter). I just have a lot of interest in our uniforms so remembering this kind of thing comes naturally.

When I think of a uniform combo these days I think of helmet + face mask color, jersey color + number color (since our white jerseys have two different color numbers now), and pants color. Usually don’t think about socks or cleats because it seems some players wear their own regardless (but maybe this is wrong).

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

I've got a Google Sheet that has all our uniform combos since the switch to adidas. But like gt13 said, I don't think it's recorded anywhere officially. Just have to look up pictures from the games.

Wreck07

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree with everyone on the need for white trim on jersey. Without it, it just seems off, and makes the blue look too light.

And according to our brand guidelines, when blue is the background color, gold cannot touch the blue directly. Gold is surrounded by white trim

I know we have already lost the gold battle, but c'mon...can we at least get some consistency in adhering to our brand guidelines?

1633097306779.png

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I agree with everyone on the need for white trim on jersey. Without it, it just seems off, and makes the blue look too light.

And according to our brand guidelines, when blue is the background color, gold cannot touch the blue directly. Gold is surrounded by white trim

I know we have already lost the gold battle, but c'mon...can we at least get some consistency in adhering to our brand guidelines?

View attachment 11308
Pirates Of The Caribbean Code GIF by Brian Benns

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m not sure if they’re tracked anywhere officially. I know there’s a Twitter account called GT Uni Vault that posts these sort of things and historical uniform info as well (definitely worth a follow if you’re on Twitter). I just have a lot of interest in our uniforms so remembering this kind of thing comes naturally.

When I think of a uniform combo these days I think of helmet + face mask color, jersey color + number color (since our white jerseys have two different color numbers now), and pants color. Usually don’t think about socks or cleats because it seems some players wear their own regardless (but maybe this is wrong).
Wow, that is alot of info to keep up with, I would like to know if you have keep up number of wins with certain uniforms, that could be good ( betting info ).