Game 5 #PITTvsGT Media

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
narduccci is a good coach
pickett>howell
i assume from the interview that western michigan ate them up with rpo - we should challenge with it if in fact that is what wm did to score 44 points

In what world?
Pickett is the 2nd best QB in the nation right now for efficiency.

Good for him. He’s not 3rd best in the coastal

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
ESPN has an opponent-adjusted QBR that that’s based on multiple factors (not just passing). It’s based on points the QB actually contributes to. Pickett is 5th in the nation:

If you limit it to the ACC, he’s first, of course:

Thanks to last Saturday, Sam Howell if 5th in the ACC. Howell has had two bad weeks—week 1 against VT (12th), and week 4 against us (9th).

Howell has the golden arm, and he’s bigger, and he’s a better runner. Pickett does more with what he has, and doesn’t make many mistakes, and is the poster child for QB efficiency.
Pickett is bigger

kalld12

Banned
Don't disagree
Not true
They will be ready for it after we tore up UNC with it. We better be able to hit the short - intermediate passes.
Howell is much better than Pickett, and will be drafted in 1st round. Credit our D for bringing Howell back down to earth, we made the UNC Oline look like some of our OLs of the past where our QBs didnt even have 2 secs to throw the ball.

slugboy

Staff member
You can see publicly how PFF stack ranks the ACC QBs (but you can't see the scores. I'm kind of surprised, but UVA's QB is at the top of their list.

If you want the scores, you need an account. If you ignore the snap minimum, you can see Sims, but he's scored down in D.J. Uiagalelei territory.

1632921410049.png

(For those of you who were on the PFF thread earlier, this is un-paywalled content, but if anyone asks me to take it down, I will)

Last edited:

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You can see publicly how PFF stack ranks the ACC QBs (but you can't see the scores. I'm kind of surprised, but UVA's QB is at the top of their list.

If you want the scores, you need an account. If you ignore the snap minimum, you can see Sims, but he's scored down in D.J. Uiagalelei territory.

View attachment 11294

Armstrong (so far) looks like a good QB. Credit to UVA for developing him.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 11294

(For those of you who were on the PFF thread earlier, this is un-paywalled content, but if anyone asks me to take it down, I will)
I can't see the scores on your link because I'm not paying for that info, but I know that Sims' grade for the UNC game is a 77.1, which is the highest grade for any Tech offensive skill player in that game. Yates scored a 60.3. Are you sure the list you've provided the link to isn't a season-cumulative score as opposed to a game score?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I can't see the scores on your link because I'm not paying for that info, but I know that Sims' grade for the UNC game is a 77.1, which is the highest grade for any Tech offensive skill player in that game. Yates scored a 60.3. Are you sure the list you've provided the link to isn't a season-cumulative score as opposed to a game score?

At this point, Sims cumulative season is a single game.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
ESPN has an opponent-adjusted QBR that that’s based on multiple factors (not just passing). It’s based on points the QB actually contributes to. Pickett is 5th in the nation:

If you limit it to the ACC, he’s first, of course:

Thanks to last Saturday, Sam Howell if 5th in the ACC. Howell has had two bad weeks—week 1 against VT (12th), and week 4 against us (9th).

Howell has the golden arm, and he’s bigger, and he’s a better runner. Pickett does more with what he has, and doesn’t make many mistakes, and is the poster child for QB efficiency.
But he’s a **** and i hate his guts

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I can't imagine GT looking past them after losing 3 straight in the series. Pitt has become very consistent under Narducci (sic)

I wonder how Pitt fans feel about him. He's one of the 7 - 9 win coaches if my memory serves. Is the fan base out to oust him for not consistently winning 10 - 12? (And I'm not trying to (re)start a discussion about GT coaches...I'm just curious how the Pitt fans feel about TheDusch

slugboy

Staff member
It’s totally cumulative for the year.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer

"“He can change a game with his feet as well as his arm,” Pitt strong safety Brandon Hill said. “Keeping him bottled up in the pocket and forcing him to make those throws, I feel like we have a good chance.”

Last edited:

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck

"“He can change a game with his feet as well as his arm,” Pitt strong safety Brandon Hill said. “Keeping him bottled up in the pocket and forcing him to make those throws, I feel like we have a good chance.”
So he just told everyone their defensive game plan for us!

Or maybe he said that to make us think we know the game plan!

the-princess-bride-wallace-shawn.gif