Game 4 #VMIvsGT Predictions

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I don't have a number in mind this week. Last week's loss still hurts, I know it is recoverable and our goals are still ahead of us, but man.. I figure my confidence was bad mojo last week so hanging back this week.

One solid plus to the loss is I no longer feel obligated to drain Guinness like Savannah on st paddy's - looking forward to drinking some Stone during the game and then a victory whiskEy if all goes well post game.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Just based on viewing parts of two of their games both losses...I am going to be brave and step out with a call for the Jackets to beat the 40 point spread and win by. let's be generous 7 touchdowns.
One caveat. It is raining like crazy here in Albany. If it does this in Atlanta Saturday, the scoring will be lower so I would revise my 40 point spread beat to just winning by 4 or 5 TDs. VMI will be fortunate to score at all.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
VMI probably wishes they were just "mediocre". This team is a mere shadow of the one that won the Southern Conference in 2020. Losing to William & Mary is one thing but losing to Bucknell is a sure sign of a bad team in FCS circles.
I am not trying to take a shot at our defense. It just seems that our defense keeps things pretty vanilla in games like this. I would be thrilled if we allowed less than two scores.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Obligatory. Prediction?

friends sleep GIF

Seriously, though - I'm worried about defense until they give me consistent reason to not be worried. I still think we do well this week, but am guarded until we see them put together a full game against real competition.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I am not trying to take a shot at our defense. It just seems that our defense keeps things pretty vanilla in games like this. I would be thrilled if we allowed less than two scores.
After watching the first half...be prepared to be thrilled unless VMI manages a score against the third team scrubs in the fourth quarter. The color announcer keeps saying that the VMI quarterback needs to throw quick passes out to his "playmakers". Trouble is, it doesn't look like they have any and the Keydet defense is exhausted although they have a slight edge in time of possession. The difference in speed is striking though expected I would think.

slugboy

Staff member
After watching the first half...be prepared to be thrilled unless VMI manages a score against the third team scrubs in the fourth quarter. The color announcer keeps saying that the VMI quarterback needs to throw quick passes out to his "playmakers". Trouble is, it doesn't look like they have any and the Keydet defense is exhausted although they have a slight edge in time of possession. The difference in speed is striking though expected I would think.
VMI took the opening kick. Unless they onsides, their defense is going right back out there.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Love what I am seeing right now! Offense is getting explosives and the defense is playing pretty clean.