Game 4 #GTvsWF Postgame

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Defensive line "woke" up is silly. They were "allowed" to shoot gaps and have lb cover. Not sure this will work against better ol. Was not tridd at Louisville. Congrats to coaches for giving it a try.

Sarcasm

JacketFan137

Banned
Defensive line "woke" up is silly. They were "allowed" to shoot gaps and have lb cover. Not sure this will work against better ol. Was not tridd at Louisville. Congrats to coaches for giving it a try.

Sarcasm
yeah wake’s o line has been dominated all year. i’m happy we did what we were supposed to but this isn’t necessarily us turning into the 85 bears on our front

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, another 2nd half collapse (loaded with 3 and outs) on offense and needing 5 turnovers to beat a lousy Wake team doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies. Reminders of the 5 turnover win against UNC that led nowhere. Sure, a win is a win and we are much improved from last year thanks to King and Singleton but this coaching staff has to figure out how to get this team consistent. This was our one conference gimme game.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I said last week after the Ole Miss loss that Ga Tech’s defense gets after the ball and man they try but we just ain’t got enough studs but brother, last night somebody stepped up and made something happen and we got the win. When somebody steps up and makes something happen, good things happen. I believe we got the best QB in the ACC and even Georgia is struggling at QB so that tells ole southern one thing …if we get somebody that will step up from here on out… we gotta chance to win. Ga Tech played with an attitude last night and the big thing to me is we took the frustration of last week’s loss out on Wake Forrest and that’s a good sign. Just win baby 😁

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Things I learned after the last couple of weeks

Stats like first downs and time of possession don't mean much, the only stat that means anything is points scored and points against.

every fan base thinks there OL is not very good.

every fan base criticizes something about their team maybe we just don't know as much about football as we think.

You can win a game even if you have a lot of penalties, I have always thought there is a penalty on every play

and last don't think your team will find a way to lose a game at the end of the game.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
My goodness, what a game. Ugly and brutally physical.

Our players shot themselves in their own feet so many times with penalties and mental mistakes, especially in the second half. So much so, that they started running around on bloody ankle stubs …

But their physical efforts and mental will never waned. It resulted in a bunch of turnovers that were the difference in the game.

Of note: one thing that really impressed me, while I watched the entire game on television, was seeing all the sideline shots of Coach Key. He was remarkably calm and stoic throughout, with no theatrics, no yelling and screaming … and he very rarely spoke anything into his microphone. It’s obvious that he simply lets his assistant coaches do the play-calling.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Things I learned after the last couple of weeks

Stats like first downs and time of possession don't mean much, the only stat that means anything is points scored and points against.

every fan base thinks there OL is not very good.

every fan base criticizes something about their team maybe we just don't know as much about football as we think.

You can win a game even if you have a lot of penalties, I have always thought there is a penalty on every play

and last don't think your team will find a way to lose a game at the end of the game.
I said last week that every team has OL problems and I believe Ga Tech is better than Penn State on the OL as a whole. IMO the dudes today on the defensive line are just hard to block they even struggle in the NFL to block these studs on the defensive side of the ball. Biggest this is there is 4 quarters of football and momentum changed during the game just find a way to win and the Jackets did that last night. Just win!

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win last night! And great adjustments made on defense and special teams. Refs appeared to be paid off against us again but we overcame their awful calls.

Tech’s deserved penalties didn’t bother me too much. I remember reading analysis and recall that there’s practically zero correlation between penalties and winning. I’d much rather seeing 11 guys fired up on defense and occasionally get flagged for something than what I saw earlier in the season.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Of note: one thing that really impressed me, while I watched the entire game on television, was seeing all the sideline shots of Coach Key. He was remarkably calm and stoic throughout, with no theatrics, no yelling and screaming … and he very rarely spoke anything into his microphone. It’s obvious that he simply lets his assistant coaches do the play-calling.
It is great to not have a maniac on the sidelines. However, does anyone else wish Key would show a little more emotion and energy. If you look at the current great college coaches (Saban, Smart, Sweeney, Day, Harbaugh, etc), they are all pretty animated, not stupid and goofy like Collins, but enough to fire up the team and fight for ref calls.