Game 4 #GTvsWF Postgame

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Needed this. We’ll be 3-2 going into Miami which is another huge game. Refs are absolute ****. Bring on the Canes

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t necessarily pretty, but D stepped up and a win is a win. And as Bill Bilichick would say, “and now on to Cleveland.”

Clean up the penalties. Keep the defensive intensity and keep the explosive offense and we’ll do good things.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
we really miss Walton. Johnson is fantastic - bs penalty be damned. Other side needs some work.

Singleton is special.

King is good, but if he can improve the footwork he will be so much better. His ceiling is way higher than I thought.

Great win. I think someone earlier this week said it was a must win - I agree if we want post season action.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Pretty amazing.We played a "clean' game last wk with no penalties or TOs,with a def that had died in 2nd halves plus having no sacks and a ST group that was questionable ---and turned it completely around. Getting lots of penalties BUT getting effective full game DEF with sacks,TOs and good tackling --sure makes a difference.
BIG game-Gives real momentum for the future.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Pardon the expression, but this was a dog fight. Messy, brutal game. I saw an effort and desire in Tech tonight I have not seen in a while. Tech wanted this game.

I agree the "want" was there but I believe the fear of Key was very present. He demanded more effort from the DL and he got it. Thacker had a good plan. The O seems to be too conservative in the second halves (the eyeball test sees too many one yard gains, especially on first down). Regardless a great win for the team.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I agree the "want" was there but I believe the fear of Key was very present. He demanded more effort from the DL and he got it. Thacker had a good plan. The O seems to be too conservative in the second halves (the eyeball test sees too many one yard gains, especially on first down). Regardless a great win for the team.
Yep, that’s why I contend this was a win by the defense. The offense missed multiple scoring opportunities, or at least, chances to keep Wake’s offense off the field, and kept turning it over to the defense to save the day. We flirted with disaster all night until the interception at the end. Then the team game together to win the game.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If the defense plays like that the rest of the season we will win 8 or 9 games.
I like your thinking but I would say the defense has to play like that for 7 wins. More wins than that will require improvement by both the offense and defense. It’s possible but not expecting that. Miami is out of our league talent wise right now, for instance.