Game 3 Syracuse Postgame Press Conference

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I mean I'll give you credit that he did, but I think saying the stuff after the post game presser wasn't warented at all. I mean if he lost would he have said anything about that?
He just gave CBK a little bulletin board material for our next meeting, which will be in ATL. What he said wasn’t bad. In fact, he was quite complimentary of our team.

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
While I hate losing - and I know our coach and our QB hate losing (and our team certainly doesn't like it, but I don't know if they hate it yet) - I did appreciate hearing his press conference after a loss versus that of TFG. I know that sets the bar pretty low, but there's a huge difference between calling it like it is and defensively diverting attention away from the game itself.

As I felt with CPJ, I'm confident CBK will address the issues. How long it will take for the team to absorb it remains to be seen - but I'm confident his system and his approach will drive self-analysis and improvement with both the players and the coaches.

Listening to the press conference was another inflection point for me: hard to believe how much I'd come to accept the lack of that sort of accountability from the HC as the norm. Looking forward to shaking that habit.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
While I hate losing - and I know our coach and our QB hate losing (and our team certainly doesn't like it, but I don't know if they hate it yet) - I did appreciate hearing his press conference after a loss versus that of TFG. I know that sets the bar pretty low, but there's a huge difference between calling it like it is and defensively diverting attention away from the game itself.

As I felt with CPJ, I'm confident CBK will address the issues. How long it will take for the team to absorb it remains to be seen - but I'm confident his system and his approach will drive self-analysis and improvement with both the players and the coaches.

Listening to the press conference was another inflection point for me: hard to believe how much I'd come to accept the lack of that sort of accountability from the HC as the norm. Looking forward to shaking that habit.
Yeah, coach was pretty flat and somber about the loss. Totally transparent and didn’t try to gloss over the loss by talking about how hard the team is working, how well they are playing, or that “we are getting better and better if you have eyes to see it” like a certain former coach.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Brown is so sensitive and whiny! The whole toughness quote was BS. Key never said they were not tough, he said that Tech needed to play tough cause that is what he expects from HIS team. He took something personal that has NOTHING to do with him personally. That seemed like all he could focus on in his post game, which is just plain pathetic.

Also Key spent barely a season as a GA (IIRC) on the other side of the ball from him as a player. They were not in meetings together, they didn't spend time on the field together, and I am sure Key was focused primarily on his role and players. The media was trying to play up that relationship so Key was honest and said that he didn't really get to have time to know him well. Yet he was SOOO personally affronted that Key would say they didn't really have a chance to get to know each other in the 5 months they were affiliated with the same team.
Nobody wants to play for a whiny *****. Francine needs to act more like a man or his team will take on its whiny ***** persona. That NEVER turns out well.