• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 195 77.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you grow up near Rock Hill? Our former pastor was from there and is a lifelong Carolina Gamecock fan. Fate is cruel sometimes.
Spartanburg. Elementary school (Pine Street School shout out !) had Clemson Carolina day every year. Hated it. My dad went to Citadel so I’ve always been a conscientious objector for the upstate region. I really really hate Clemson (sports hate that is). I’ve never had more fun than beating them in Death Valley. Ain’t gonna even be a chance of that this year. Don’t know that I see any path to improving that anytime soon

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
If Dabo doesn't like us now it's because he sees us/404/ being in the Atl and our recruiting ability, branding in the big city etc. as a real longer term threat to them. He made a comment about this back some where regarding the branding and bigger city schools or something to that nature. Dabo has great relationships with HS coaches, works hard at that, but so does CGC, that along with the above in my mind is what would constitute any disdain for GT and/or our coaches if there actually is any. Under CPJ we were no threat to that.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We are being foolish again. If Swinney actually, honestly, really, truly wanted to "run up the score" he will not play 100 guys and beging subbing in the first quarter, but come after us with ones and twos and name the score. It would take a GT grad to calculate it. Nice excuse for us but if we can't compete Clemson is under no obligation to fake it and make us look better. He would lose his entire team if he pulled that. Face it: we are bad and won't be good for a long spell, if ever under Collins. On the other hand, he loves the players and says it all the time,
If he runs up the score, that's on us, not him. No excuses.

Call me foolish, but I'm not convinced it's going to be that easy for him. I agree that our sideline coaching is suspect, but the team on the field is much improved.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If Dabo doesn't like us now it's because he sees us/404/ being in the Atl and our recruiting ability, branding in the big city etc. as a real longer term threat to them. He made a comment about this back some where regarding the branding and bigger city schools or something to that nature. Dabo has great relationships with HS coaches, works hard at that, but so does CGC, that along with the above in my mind is what would constitute any disdain for GT and/or our coaches if there actually is any. Under CPJ we were no threat to that.
There is no way that the impact on recruiting of a win in this game could be overstated.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if Dabo has something against Geoff or not but I kind of doubt it. I am pretty sure he took his foot off the gas a couple of times when facing Coach Johnson. What he has done to Tech is nothing compared to what he would like to do to South Carolina.
Word I hear it was something CGC did before the game in 2019

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Side note,
As someone who lives in Clempson territory. Surrounded by season ticket holders. I have not had one person talk to me about the game this year. They really think were irrelevant this year.
So do all the other team if you read what they say we are one they think they can count as a win ( kind of sad ain't it )

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Word I hear it was something CGC did before the game in 2019
Well, if you see the comments Dabo has made you would believe Collins is a great coach and Tech can win the NC and Super Bowl in same year. I gather it is true that Johnson was the first to accept Dabo as a head coach and Swinney was thankful. I don't think any of that for any coach translates to letting up on the field. It is not their DNA. (As time went on and Tech had less and less a chance of beating Clemson, someone noted that -- smarmingly I think -- that "You don't do well against Clemson lately." Johnson noted that "Nobody else does, either." It is one of many things I admired about Johnson though it hurt him in later years.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I played ncaa 14 last night. We lost by 3 in OT. Yates led us in a last minute game typing FG to send to OT. We got the ball first in OT. 3 plays in, he fumbled and Clemson recovered. 3 plays later the kick a FG for the W. 30-27 Clemson…..

In real life I say we lose 41-17

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Dabos a good ole country boy that don’t like all that loud nonsense that could possibly disrupt his perfect little recruiting world in the big city of Ahlannuh