• GT by 7-13

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • GT by 14+

Votes: 116 65.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We've lost to our G5 opponent 5 years running (and throw an FCS loss in there too.) Key is 5-0 against ranked ACC opponents. But has had some terrible losses. I want to believe this team is different. But we only have one data point and, so far, it tracks the trend. I'm in prove it mode with GT football. And the 'rat poison' has me really worried about the mindset going in. I predict we let this one slip. GT beats ourselves with sloppy play to give GSU the win.

I'll be there cheering. Hope the team proves me wrong.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I think we know we have to take state seriously precisely because we know so many people on the opposing sidelines. That being said, its a night game at Bobby Dodd, and the Jackets will roll 42-14.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it is next to impossible to get the team high two straight weeks. But I hope they have enough in the tank to bear GSU. Picking GT by less than 7

slugboy

Staff member
We’re 21-point favorites.

Against FSU, we cut down on the number of possessions, which held the score down. If we play the same way again, and they let us, then I’m thinking 28-17 or 31-17 (us).

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
34-10

Ga State keeps it close in first half but Tech gets in rhythm in second half and easily dominates. Players you’ve never heard of 😊 playing in the 4th quarter.

Best news of all, we don’t have to show Syracuse any of our top secret super sauce.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Hoping our defense is legit in a game that has more drives. This is a trap game for sure, and it sounds like we are beat up. I think our OL and new defense makes the difference. 31-20 GT.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I can understand how there could be some rat poison after a lot of good press, but there’s still plenty of bulletin board material from everybody saying we won the fsu game only because fsu wasn’t that good. People aren’t giving us the credit. And the guys should be ready to come out and put down little brother.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
We ran the ball well against FSU. I see us opening the playbook a little more this week with more sweeps and screens. I’d like to see Singleton get more involved and I could see the run game moving more if Cooley is healthy.

Last week I posted about how both Key and Efford referred to Ireland as a business trip. This week, Haynes said he turned off social media because they have to remain focused week in and week out. This team is different and playing more together than the teams that lost to games we shouldn’t have.

Tech - 35
GSU - 17

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
This will be a good indicator of our overall progress. If we take control early and are able to play backups it will make ne feel much better about our chances for the season.

Dubz85123

Georgia Tech Fan
We ran the ball well against FSU. I see us opening the playbook a little more this week with more sweeps and screens. I’d like to see Singleton get more involved and I could see the run game moving more if Cooley is healthy.

Last week I posted about how both Key and Efford referred to Ireland as a business trip. This week, Haynes said he turned off social media because they have to remain focused week in and week out. This team is different and playing more together than the teams that lost to games we shouldn’t have.

Tech - 35
GSU - 17
Going off how things were sounding at Brent Key's press conference earlier this week, Trey probably not going to play much if at all Saturday.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think it will be in doubt but I think uncomfortably close through 3 qtrs. 2 score margin on a fourth quarter drive.
I’d expect us to try a few things offensively early, probably with mixed success.
There will be plenty of teachable moments without taking the L.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
31-20.

State has a lot of P4 guys that have filtered down. They’ll have fans there and will be hyped up for their biggest game of the year. Road game for them but not really. GT coming off an emotional win. And weird week due to international travel.

This is set up perfectly for a let down game. And we’ve lost plenty of those recently. I’ll go 31-20. We start quick. They hang around. It’s never really comfortable but it’s also never really uncomfortable.