Game 12 #UGAvsGT Media

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Thanks ^^^.

That's HUGE for this program. If we can get the Calvin Johnsons, Shaq Masons, Morgan Burnetts, Derick Morgans, et al hanging back around the program, it would be very good.
...and the Marco Colemans, Brent Keys.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Nobody likes to hear it, but I’ve got nothing but respect for how Kirby runs his program. Just hope were on a trajectory where we’re seriously challenging them every 2-3 years.
If my count is correct, Kirby has had 7X as many players arrested in the past in the past 36 months than GT has had in the past 36 years, and yet you respect him for how he's running his program? One example that stands out: He had a player stopped for a traffic violation who failed a drug test, but the very next day Kirby gave him one and he passed. Kirby said that the only one that matters is the one given by u(sic)ga. Any kid can tell you that it's easy to pass a drug screen as long as they know it's coming. Yet GT released one of the potentially best running backs to play at GT a few years ago for failing a drug test (granted, it wasn't the first one he failed).

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
If my count is correct, Kirby has had 7X as many players arrested in the past in the past 36 months than GT has had in the past 36 years, and yet you respect him for how he's running his program? One example that stands out: He had a player stopped for a traffic violation who failed a drug test, but the very next day Kirby gave him one and he passed. Kirby said that the only one that matters is the one given by u(sic)ga. Any kid can tell you that it's easy to pass a drug screen as long as they know it's coming. Yet GT released one of the potentially best running backs to play at GT a few years ago for failing a drug test (granted, it wasn't the first one he failed).
Yep, can't forget that most of the time his players do get in trouble publically, their "punishment" is "handled internally". Guys almost never have to sit out games like they regularly did under Richt.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Yep, can't forget that most of the time his players do get in trouble publically, their "punishment" is "handled internally". Guys almost never have to sit out games like they regularly did under Richt.
He doesn't want to jeopardize his multimillion dollar contract. Its all about winning isn't it. Great lessons in life for his players. Money and influence can get you out of any trouble. Rules don't apply to them.

ramble_on92

Georgia Tech Fan
🙄 this fan base suffers from so much little brother syndrome it’s not even funny. Let’s keep taking the moral high ground and conveniently ignore that we had some of the same issues when we were consistently recruiting NFL talent… Ricardo Wimbush, Reuben Houston, Jerrard Tarrant, BeyBey (vehicular assault). Comes with the territory of a being top college program with volatile 18 year olds.

It’s possible to respect the way their program has been turned around and posted back to back championships - while still seeing them as a rival you hope to beat the hell out of every year.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
🙄 this fan base suffers from so much little brother syndrome it’s not even funny. Let’s keep taking the moral high ground and conveniently ignore that we had some of the same issues when we were consistently recruiting NFL talent… Ricardo Wimbush, Reuben Houston, Jerrard Tarrant, BeyBey (vehicular assault). Comes with the territory of a being top college program with volatile 18 year olds.

It’s possible to respect the way their program has been turned around and posted back to back championships - while still seeing them as a rival you hope to beat the hell out of every year.
I’m with you for the most part- but at the same time it’s pretty funny and therefor I talk about it plenty and will continue to.
When I saw a uga friend recently, I congratulated him on another year of good standings with the law enforcement in Athens and that they should be getting the game ball every time, since they truly would be a different team without them.
I think you can rag on the laughable ethics of a football program’s city, and the unwavering stupidity of decades of “students”, without being pompous. Most of my UGA friends laugh with me about it, so you can too.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I’m with you for the most part- but at the same time it’s pretty funny and therefor I talk about it plenty and will continue to.
When I saw a uga friend recently, I congratulated him on another year of good standings with the law enforcement in Athens and that they should be getting the game ball every time, since they truly would be a different team without them.
I think you can rag on the laughable ethics of a football program’s city, and the unwavering stupidity of decades of “students”, without being pompous. Most of my UGA friends laugh with me about it, so you can too.
Not much different in Tallahassee. NYT article a few years ago reported on how out of control things were there. All sorts of illegal behavior that was condoned by the local police. Interesting how these top programs are given a pass in college towns.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

Are you sure you're not a mutt yourself? You are so incredibly off base here trying to defend them it's insane.

Wimbush and Thomas' issues were well after they had left the program.

Tarrant was falsely accused and the charges were later dropped, and he was STILL suspended from all football activities while the charges were pending. But good job trying to drag a former player who was innocent, real classy.

Houston is the only one who actually did something while at Tech, and he was suspended from the team for it. The only reason he was allowed back was because a judge forced his reinstatement to play at Tech.

On top of all of that, you had to cover a nearly 15 year period to come up with those crappy examples. uga blows that out of the water just in the last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Those examples are pretty flawed.
Wimbush- years and years after being gone from tech
Tarrant was exonerated
We kicked Houston off the team and some judge forced him back on.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think you all are overrating how much u think a coach cares about this game with the teams outcome. Thats all mainly fan stuff. All the coaches want that win. Trust me.