Game 11 Unis GT vs ND

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
These uniform clips always amuse me. It's like roulette, land on the right color combo and you win. Give us a break!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
little known fact, the stadium shots were done during the boston college game
harsh.. on point, but harsh.

slam dunk basketball GIF

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
For whatever reason we really seem to love matching helmet colors and other uniform options with the other team’s colors when there is very clearly another option. We’ve worn G/W/G against 2 teams in back-to-back weeks who pretty much exclusively wear gold helmets, yet we wore white against Miami who is basically always in white helmets. We wore navy elements against UVA and UNC when they’re both navy and have no gold. We’ve done this for years now I don’t get it. Why would you want to look as much like the other team as possible? Shouldn’t you want to distinguish yourself as much as possible? Are we trying to wear as many of the same colors in hopes the other team gets confused?

Just by my counts in 2019 we wore the same color helmet as the other team’s primary/only helmet color 4 times:
Citadel (white)
NC State (white)
UVA (white)
Pitt (gold/yellow)

5 times in 9 games during 2020
Florida State (gold)
UCF (gold)
Notre Dame (gold)
NC State (white)
Pitt (gold/yellow)

4 times in 2021
Kennesaw (gold/yellow)
Miami (white)
Boston College (gold)
Notre Dame (gold)

I just don’t understand why we seem to be intentionally matching our helmet colors to the opponents’, and if it’s not the helmet it’s the jersey or pants

TheJuiceIsLoose404

Jolly Good Fellow
For whatever reason we really seem to love matching helmet colors and other uniform options with the other team’s colors when there is very clearly another option. We’ve worn G/W/G against 2 teams in back-to-back weeks who pretty much exclusively wear gold helmets, yet we wore white against Miami who is basically always in white helmets. We wore navy elements against UVA and UNC when they’re both navy and have no gold. We’ve done this for years now I don’t get it. Why would you want to look as much like the other team as possible? Shouldn’t you want to distinguish yourself as much as possible? Are we trying to wear as many of the same colors in hopes the other team gets confused?

Just by my counts in 2019 we wore the same color helmet as the other team’s primary/only helmet color 4 times:
Citadel (white)
NC State (white)
UVA (white)
Pitt (gold/yellow)

5 times in 9 games during 2020
Florida State (gold)
UCF (gold)
Notre Dame (gold)
NC State (white)
Pitt (gold/yellow)

4 times in 2021
Kennesaw (gold/yellow)
Miami (white)
Boston College (gold)
Notre Dame (gold)

I just don’t understand why we seem to be intentionally matching our helmet colors to the opponents’, and if it’s not the helmet it’s the jersey or pants
That’s just the kind of effort required to have an ELITE secondary with a whopping ONE interception in a year.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
After Saturday, these are the results from all the games we've worn this combo:
  • 2019 VT (First home shutout in 40 years or something)
  • 2020 Syracuse (The Orange's only win that year)
  • 2021 NIU (home opener loss to G5 team that didn't win a game the year before)
  • 2021 ND (55-0)