Game 11 #CUSEvsGT Media

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
He plays in the middle of the field, roughly 30 yds from the sideline. A round trip is 60 yds. Wouldn't it be better to save all that running by just staying in the game? It damn near exhausts me just watching him run to the sideline every other play.

Yeah true.

This also is a classic case of coaches overthinking or doing “whats always done”

Two down DTs have been around for decades. For some reason coaches act or just say thats the way its gonna be.

Actually if he is pushing C or G into the backfield he can play any down even if it doesn’t result in a sack.

I agree. Maybe he isn’t on every 3rd down. But 1st downs are as much passing plays now as 3rd. Change it up. Put him in 3rds and rest him some firsts…..

TheJuiceIsLoose404

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve wondered if the Zeek substitutions are trying to take advantage of the substitution rules. I’m not 100% on the details of the rules but the O isn’t allowed to snap when the D is subbing in certain situations. I’ve noticed whenever the ref is standing over the ball, Zeek is practically walking to the sideline. Maybe since Zeek is so big it’s easy for him to really milk that trip off the field, giving the D a quick rest before the next play.

I also wonder if that’s why our D guys seem to go down injured much more than most of our opponents guys, to give the D a breather.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ve wondered if the Zeek substitutions are trying to take advantage of the substitution rules. I’m not 100% on the details of the rules but the O isn’t allowed to snap when the D is subbing in certain situations. I’ve noticed whenever the ref is standing over the ball, Zeek is practically walking to the sideline. Maybe since Zeek is so big it’s easy for him to really milk that trip off the field, giving the D a quick rest before the next play.

I also wonder if that’s why our D guys seem to go down injured much more than most of our opponents guys, to give the D a breather.
It's a sound strategy, but if I were trying to milk the clock I wouldn't be taking my big guy off the field from a position where we're already a little thin. Anyone can casually mosey off the field at their own pace if we're trying to buy some extra time.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
did he come back on the field for the fourth downs against Clemson? If Cuse goes for it like Clemson did, get the rest on second down then come back for third and fourth lol