Votes: 36 27.5%
  • Pitt by 14+

Votes: 39 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
In light of the short week, we're having our Thursday predictions practice today.

Poll included.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
According to ACC COVID protocols we should be tested today with results reported to the ACC tomorrow. These tests have to be the PCR test, so the results could be late tomorrow. With our roster already depleted, I am withholding my pic until those tests come back. If I were picking now it would be that we will not play.

BTW, Pitt's star DE Rashad Weaver, has signed with an agent and will not play Thursday.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
We will get manhandled, if we play. Lose by 14+
We have a short week, they have an extra week. They have an experienced mobile QB. They have an excellent kicking game. They have fewer injuries than us. Overall , they have better on the field talent this year. I agree with this assessment from Pitt's blog about our team, and their prediction:

Deleted member 2897

Pittsburgh hasn't beat a team this year with a winning record. This is similar to the NC State game - they are an okay team. If we have most of our roster and we play well, we can win. If we are severely depleted and/or have a ton of turnovers and bad mistakes, we can lose by 20 points.

A lot left to play for. If we beat Pittsburgh, we move up to 7th in the ACC.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
We were already short handed this weekend. Then have a short week to play a talented team. That does not look good for us. I know we will fight the whole time just like we did against NC State, I look forward to our coaches being put in learning situations again. Our coaches need it just as much as our players. I don't really care what the outcome of this game is, win fine, lose fine, lets keep making progress with the players we have available.

Most importantly no injuries.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
In light of the short week, we're having our Thursday predictions practice today.

Poll included.
I don't know. I have watched Pitt in three games. They played a heart stopping loss to NC State when their talented albeit inconsistent kicker kicked a 53 yard, I think, field goal with no time on the clock to tie the game then after the Pack scored a TD in overtime, Pitt answered and the same kicker missed the extra point. Talk about a crushing loss. I also saw them lose a very physical game with BC in similar fashion on a late BC drive and then Pitt was stopped short after driving into the red zone looking to tie. I also watched them wipe out Virginia Tech. They are a strange team. Excellent defensive line but plagued with poor coverage in the secondary and strangely for a Pitt team poor tackling to boot. The quarterback Pickett is the straw that stirs the drink on offense as they have little running game and their receivers are just average. The biggest difference between them and NC State besides State being one point better is they do not have the caliber of receivers that State does. Pressure on Pickett will decide this game. He is deadly accurate when given time and somewhat more mobile than either the State quarterback or BC's quarterback. He needs to be because Pitt's offensive line is not that great either.

Just like last week we can beat this team but I have no idea who is out or going to be out for either team other than I guess Gibbs for us? If we had all our players, I think we could beat them but Jeff better have his life insurance paid up because this is a team full of head hunters. They reflect their coach in many ways, borderline late hits, dirty play is a norm with them. They are generally feisty, physical, and push the limits on what they feel like they can get away with.

I will go with Pitt to win and cover whatever the line is but if Pickett is out then I think Tech will win.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Pittsburgh hasn't beat a team this year with a winning record. This is similar to the NC State game - they are an okay team. If we have most of our roster and we play well, we can win. If we are severely depleted and/or have a ton of turnovers and bad mistakes, we can lose by 20 points.

A lot left to play for. If we beat Pittsburgh, we move up to 7th in the ACC.
Just looking at them, they remind me of NC State but without the top flight receivers. I think Pitt is better on the defensive line and quarterback and the Pack was a better team overall but only slightly. Only one missed extra point in overtime separated the two teams when they played. State had an easier schedule which largely accounts for their better record.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
According to ACC COVID protocols we should be tested today with results reported to the ACC tomorrow. These tests have to be the PCR test, so the results could be late tomorrow. With our roster already depleted, I am withholding my pic until those tests come back. If I were picking now it would be that we will not play.

BTW, Pitt's star DE Rashad Weaver, has signed with an agent and will not play Thursday.
Now that is good news. That guy is really good but they have three more on that line who are pretty good as well. They may have the best defensive line we will have faced this year outside of Notre Dame and Clemson. Please protect Jeff. That boy is the future of this program and these guys are animals.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
The biggest factor for me is the time ( or lack of ) to prepare. We have shown consistently, for reasons that I can only imagine, when we have ONLY a
normal week to prepare, we are mediocre at best. When we have more than that, we can pleasantly surprise. However, with only 3 days, I fear we just can't
get our act together in that limited amount of time.
Then , there is the EXTRA time Pittt has to prepare for us.......
My hope is Pitt will overlook us. Not likely since Pitt can have a winning season by beating us on Thursday, but that's why they play the game, right ?
Picking Pitt 30 , Jackets 17.
Hope I am VERY wrong.

Deleted member 2897

The biggest factor for me is the time ( or lack of ) to prepare. We have shown consistently, for reasons that I can only imagine, when we have ONLY a
normal week to prepare, we are mediocre at best. When we have more than that, we can pleasantly surprise. However, with only 3 days, I fear we just can't
get our act together in that limited amount of time.
Then , there is the EXTRA time Pittt has to prepare for us.......
My hope is Pitt will overlook us. Not likely since Pitt can have a winning season by beating us on Thursday, but that's why they play the game, right ?
Picking Pitt 30 , Jackets 17.
Hope I am VERY wrong.

While that is a good point, honestly I think our biggest critical success factor is just minding our own business. Forget game planning for Pitt, although that does matter, we need to focus on cleaning up our play first and foremost IMHO. If we can do that, we can win.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
TOUGH week to play this one. Not only is it a short week, but from what I understand, it's also finals week. Then on top of that, we have a lot of guys out.

Then again, it's GT...we tend to play out of our minds when everyone least expects it.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
TOUGH week to play this one. Not only is it a short week, but from what I understand, it's also finals week. Then on top of that, we have a lot of guys out.

Then again, it's GT...we tend to play out of our minds when everyone least expects it.

I believe finals end today but that doesn't make much difference. Bound to cut into practice and film study time.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Since when have such facts been useful or relevant in these picks?

If we play, I see easy win for Pitt. Maybe we win. Pitt has beaten all the losing record teams for a reason. Hope we postpone and play Pitt instead of Miami.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think we are on the cusp of figuring it out on O and believe what we saw from the D last week wasn't an anomaly but instead the progress is real.

I think we play them tight through the first half, then rally in the second to put up a two score lead we hold to the end. CDP sounds like he knows the deal with the false starts and some of the procedure penalties and I suspect CBK gave the line an ear full.

Jackets fly, GT 35 - Pitt 21. Book it. 🥃:whistle:🐝🎶🎵

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we are on the cusp of figuring it out on O and believe what we saw from the D last week wasn't an anomaly but instead the progress is real.

I think we play them tight through the first half, then rally in the second to put up a two score lead we hold to the end. CDP sounds like he knows the deal with the false starts and some of the procedure penalties and I suspect CBK gave the line an ear full.

Jackets fly, GT 35 - Pitt 21. Book it. 🥃:whistle:🐝🎶🎵
I agree with this. The progress is real and it will show this week. We shot ourselves last week with some dumb penalties and dropped passes by the WRs. Gt by 14, 38-24

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I think this one is setting up to be an ugly game. Short week, Pitt usually has strong o and d line. I think our secondary is going to have a rough game. 41-14