Game 1 Uniforms

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, don't want to ***** too much but it all the sloganeering is extreme overkill at this point. I honestly thought there was a rule that the helmet tab above the facemask had to be ACC.
They must have changed it Chris. NC State didn't have ACC on their tab tonight.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of NC State, who saw the game last night? I missed it but saw the score this morning! Is USF that bad or is NC State that good?
Yes.

NC State looked pretty good. Their QB is super experienced. Their D is either really, really good or USF's offense is anemic. I think a little of both. USF put in their freshman QB early in the game because the planned starter just wasn't getting it done. The new guy didn't do a lot better, in my opinion. I was splitting watching that and the Gopher game since it was really good in the first half. The NC State game felt like a blow-out almost immediately.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Speaking of NC State, who saw the game last night? I missed it but saw the score this morning! Is USF that bad or is NC State that good?
Doeren says he thinks this is his best team he's had but the players need to go prove it. They looked pretty good. Clemson comes to town in 3 weeks so won't be long before he gets a real test

slugboy

Staff member
NCST has a beast of an offensive lineman on the left side. USF couldn’t match up on that side. I only watched a little bit, but Doeren didn’t need any creative play calling at all yesterday
I looked at Tenn-Ball State too. Both games looked like physical mismatches.
Neither game looked like fun to watch, so I quit watching.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Dudeeeeeee I think I speak for most everyone when I ask this…

WHAT THE EFF MAKES YOU HAPPY/SATISFIED?? It’s clearly not anything related to Georgia Tech.

we’ll let you coach and design uniforms from now on.

seriously dude. Were you the guy sitting behind me a few years ago telling me to sit down on 3rd down??
huh?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Doeren says he thinks this is his best team he's had but the players need to go prove it. They looked pretty good. Clemson comes to town in 3 weeks so won't be long before he gets a real test
They won at least 8 games last year and have 20 returning starters plus Doeren is a solid coach. his linebackers had some big hits last night. they will be a tough out for any team this year.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
We aren't Penn State and I don't recall a white out at GT where we didn't wear all white.

I feel like there have been other times where we've wore gold helmets or pants, but I know for sure in 2010 when NC State and Russell Wilson came to town we did not wear white uniforms, they were in white.

I guess I like our traditional G/W/G, but there's nothing better than a stormtrooper white uni IMO, especially during a white out.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don’t mind the template of the current unis, but I really wish they would go back to the traditional stripes on the sleeves and pants like whats on the Blackwatch unis. But my biggest pet peeve (and I’ve mentioned it a few times but nobody else seems to notice or care) is how terrible the names on the backs of the jerseys look.
603A1407-2073-4521-B271-EAEFE9A89CDE.jpeg

Not only is the font incredibly plain and cheap looking, it distorts based on how the jersey stretches. That “H” almost looks more like the Under Armour “UA” than an actual H.
1D4A1081-9804-44B8-A559-2BABC2D0B602.jpeg

The standard block letters of the past look so much cleaner and more professional than that Arial based font. But I’d also settle for a font based on the new word mark.
213549CA-A910-4BAD-BC4A-C736760E707C.jpeg

Attachments

• 6B0EF4EA-E0D4-4946-AF6E-D873DC072B17.png
    6B0EF4EA-E0D4-4946-AF6E-D873DC072B17.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 7

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t mind the template of the current unis, but I really wish they would go back to the traditional stripes on the sleeves and pants like whats on the Blackwatch unis. But my biggest pet peeve (and I’ve mentioned it a few times but nobody else seems to notice or care) is how terrible the names on the backs of the jerseys look.
View attachment 11081

Not only is the font incredibly plain and cheap looking, it distorts based on how the jersey stretches. That “H” almost looks more like the Under Armour “UA” than an actual H.
View attachment 11082
The standard block letters of the past look so much cleaner and more professional than that Arial based font. But I’d also settle for a font based on the new word mark. View attachment 11084
Personally, I prefer the current uniforms to the other you pasted. I do agree I wish the font was better. You’re spot on about the H and the M is even a little off. In the older uni you posted, I hated the stripes on those pants. And even in those, the rib cage stripe is a different gold than the pants. Plus the stripe pattern between pants and jersey don’t blend well. Again, just my opinion, I prefer the current but even then the current could be a lot better.