Ga State x 2

Deleted member 2897

2 vs Georgia State, 3 vs Northwestern, 2 vs Kennessaw State. Then its off to the ACC we go. Only 4 ACC teams are ranked, so we gotta do something this year in conference play.

Man I hate to seem greedy, but I really do want a 6-1 this next 3 series. I also want to see some dang runs. How about some 10-3 and 8-2 type of wins please.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
2 vs Georgia State, 3 vs Northwestern, 2 vs Kennessaw State. Then its off to the ACC we go. Only 4 ACC teams are ranked, so we gotta do something this year in conference play.

Man I hate to seem greedy, but I really do want a 6-1 this next 3 series. I also want to see some dang runs. How about some 10-3 and 8-2 type of wins please.
5-2 is the minimum over the next 7. I'm expecting 6-1.

Deleted member 2897

5-2 is the minimum over the next 7. I'm expecting 6-1.

We have 18 non-ACC games left. That includes games with teams like Auburn and Georgia.

We basically have to get close to 40 wins it looks like, to make the post season. If we go something like 13-5 in the remaining OOC games, that makes us 16-8 OOC. We'd have to go something like 22-8 in the ACC to get to 38-16, which I would imagine would squeak us in. So anything we can do OOC takes just that much more pressure off in conference.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We have 18 non-ACC games left. That includes games with teams like Auburn and Georgia.

We basically have to get close to 40 wins it looks like, to make the post season. If we go something like 13-5 in the remaining OOC games, that makes us 16-8 OOC. We'd have to go something like 22-8 in the ACC to get to 38-16, which I would imagine would squeak us in. So anything we can do OOC takes just that much more pressure off in conference.
Well, to make the postseason, we probably need to be 33-23. If we want to host, then 40 wins is necessary.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Seems most of us posters are still in wait & see mode on potential of this team. I'd say 7-0 or 6-1 would be "a sign" things are better (i.e. beating teams we should clearly beat). And most of the wins should be of the easy variety (as in.... not English or Hughes or anybody earning a save). If we have a couple (or more) head scratchers with lost focus, lackluster offensive production, giving away runs... well, then it would point toward a repeat of last few unacceptably mediocre seasons.

Deleted member 2897

A couple interesting baseball tidbits.

Northwestern just lost a series @Duke, splitting a pair of 1 run games and losing 23-8 in another.

Richmond plays @Duke tomorrow. Richmond already beat Georgia State and Kennesaw State.

I see these things and I see nobody that should beat us in the next 10 days. But then again, baseball is just a weird sport sometimes.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Seems most of us posters are still in wait & see mode on potential of this team. I'd say 7-0 or 6-1 would be "a sign" things are better (i.e. beating teams we should clearly beat). And most of the wins should be of the easy variety (as in.... not English or Hughes or anybody earning a save). If we have a couple (or more) head scratchers with lost focus, lackluster offensive production, giving away runs... well, then it would point toward a repeat of last few unacceptably mediocre seasons.

I'm in the hope for the best, expect less camp. I can only control myself. So I'll try to get home in time to enjoy the games the next two days and have some beer. Worked great Friday night, then I had nothing to drink on Saturday or Sunday.

FWIW, D1 Baseball still thinks we should make the NCAAs. Way way too early for RPIs, but ours is 35. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/rpi-live

Ga State is 193 RPI. 3-3 with wins over UIC (1) and Charleston Southern (2) (never heard of them before). Losses to Richmond, Charleston Southern and WVU. So our RPI will probably go down with two wins a bit. It will go down a lot with a loss or two. Doesn't matter, we have to get the wins and should see a depleted Ga State pitching staff.

This weekend though, we play NorthWestern who didn't have a mid-week game.......... and took one of three from Duke and BYU. Solid team apparently given Duke's pitching is supposed to be as good as UCLAs and any other elite team.

So we have to keep our big guns out of the Ga S0uthern games to get ready for the weekend. But we have to beat Ga Southern. The future is now.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Coach Howell pre-game interview. Paraphrasing... Roetig had a great fall & spring. Assuming "jitters" explains poor outing opening weekend. Want to get him back out there asap to see if he meets expectations. Bartnicki will be next up. To date Bartnicki has been in/out quick based on those matchup situations; but they want to see him go through 6-9 batters to see how he handles that.

Deleted member 2897

2-0 B3. Runners on 2nd and 3rd, Hall hits a rifle at mach3 right into the pitchers glove. Free loss of 2 runs by the hand of God. Lucky bastards.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Am I being picky, but is this team FAR TOO cautious at the plate? Ive seen elite pitching at times, but I need to see some hacking and less defensive swings

Deleted member 2897

Am I being picky, but is this team FAR TOO cautious at the plate? Ive seen elite pitching at times, but I need to see some hacking and less defensive swings

This was why I couldn’t get excited about how well we played against UCLA. We seem to play up or down to our competition. We’re currently batting about 0.250 today against Georgia State.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Good win 7-3. No errors and only 2 walks from the staff. Roedig was good and Gibson phenomenal. Last year, I didn't want Gibson to even look at a baseball for fear of walking somebody, but he has really turned it on this year. Offense was good with 10 hits and 6 walks to only 5 SO.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good win. Wish I had seen Colin's 15 pitch at bat leading to a 2 RBI single in the 7th.

Saw a lot of good D plays at positions other than 3rd. Austin had some really nice plays.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Good win. Wish I had seen Colin's 15 pitch at bat leading to a 2 RBI single in the 7th.

Saw a lot of good D plays at positions other than 3rd. Austin had some really nice plays.

When was that? WatchESPN usually has replays up pretty quick.