• 85-<95%

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • >=95%

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Game scheduled for tomorrow at 4 PM ain't gonna happen then unless the teams want to play in 45F rain. Move it up or to Wednesday?
1614629611530.png

Anyway, State could be good. Beat @L'Ville 1 of 4 games with another being close at 4-5. Took 2 of 4 from WVU. Also did ok mid-week against uGag (2-6). Signing up for 4 game weekend series is suicide given they have to run out of pitching.
1614629664335.png

Picked by D1 to finish last in Sun Belt East, these guys are going to hurt the rpi especially playing them at home. Heaven forbid we lose. If we play anywhere near where we did over the weekend, this is a very high probability win.

1614629997764.png

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Well, they did beat a ranked West Virginia team twice, and a highly ranked Vandy team. So they are a threat. The last two Vandy games seem to indicate a lack of pitching depth. I'd think we may see the same pitcher that lost to UGA 6-2, but I haven't looked up the specifics of that game, or whether he pitched against Vandy.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I took a very high 85-95% since they just finished playing 4 games over the weekend so I expect we'll get the same pitchers as uGag saw. Plus I think/hope the team is dialed in and understands that if EKU could beat us that Ga State can too.

Going to Wednesday helps them a bit, but they have UT this weekend for a 3 game series. It's like they have a death wish or something with their scheduling. I respect that and it could help them when they get to Sun Belt conference play.

We have lots of pitching options, probably a staff day. Maybe see Grissom or Grenkoski for the first time would be a treat!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think we will see Roedig again working himself back into shape. Maybe a new arm to follow depending on the game situation.
I agree. Roedig only pitched 3 innings in his first start, iirc. I am sure he will be on a pitch count again, but I am hoping 4 innings....5 max. Then other (non weekend) arms out of the 'pen (unless some guys simply did not get enough work this past weekend!) I agree it would be nice to see some younger arms in action (Grissom et al.)

But, EKU did not beat us. We beat ourselves. As long as we don't walk double digits and give up WPs and HBPs in droves, I think we will win just fine.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Deleted member 2897

I am predicting Colin Hall gets a couple hits just to burn some people who have been up in his grill.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Is anyone else having trouble pulling the game up online? Not seeing it on the ESPN APP. When I click on the watch live link on the Ramblin Wreck site it says game has not started yet but I know it has.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I am predicting Colin Hall gets a couple hits just to burn some people who have been up in his grill.

Wouldn’t burn anybody. I’d be thrilled. But you’re welcome to respond in that thread if you have some thoughts on it.

Can’t find the game on ESPN, but looks like a nightmare start for Roedig. Walk, homer, double, HBP on the first four hitter.