Ga Southern

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wednesday @ 6PM in ATL. GT RPI 10th and Ga Southern ~116th. http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html

Wonder who the starting pitcher will be? Pitts was the least effective last week against Kennesaw of all 5 pitchers we used throwing only 42 strikes in 80 pitches. Parr, Shelton, Ryan and Gorst were better. I'd like to see Parr start ....... while Parr's ERA is 4.5 (compared to Pitts 6.0), Parr allows a .230 batting average versus Pitt's .324. Pitt's gives up hits and walks.

Interesting that Dulaney has taken over the lowest ERA on the team for starters @2.11. Gold is at 2.17 and Hughes @ 2.45. I sure hope Hughes is back this weekend. I'll probably send a question to WREK and they will answer it as best they are allowed ..... Saturday they said Hughes should be back very soon.Our two best starters are FR ........

Kel has been on a phenomenal run. Highest batting average on team at .386. While he has struck out more than anyone else, his on base % is the highest on the team. And I'd bet that in the last 3 weeks his strike out rate has gone way down. Gonzo and Justus are right behind Kel. Then younger hitters of Bart, Bailey, Craport and English. We have a lot of hitting capability on this team. And will have capability next year too.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I think Kel is on a streak where either he strikes out or gets a base hit...I don;t think his strike out rate has gone down, it's just that he is rarely making any other outs.....LOL. Bart seems to have hit a wall after his hot tear there....

Dulaney hasn't bene starting for us, but maybe should be. Gibson started and did not fare well Saturday, while Dulaney relieved Sunday(as he did last weekend vs VPI&SU) and pitched brilliantly. In fact, all 9 of Delaney's appearances have been in relief thus far.

I agree I would prefer Parr, BUT Parr seems to be one of those pitchers who can only go once through a lineup. I have noticed that he seems to get very hard when guys get to see him a second time...like maybe he fooled them first time but they catch on and hammer him second time around. Pitts probably has better stuff, IF he could control it better. I wouldn't be upset to see more of some the other less used pitchers get an inning or two...guys like Wimborne, Gauvreau (who has had 2 horrid outings and the rest very good), heck even Shelton and Datoc...give those guys some innings.

Or, let Gibson work out his issues against lesser midweek competition as opposed to throwing him out there against ACC foes. But I do understand...IF Pitts could get going he would truly be an asset. I'm just not sure how much time you give him.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My bad on Dulaney starting. I agree he is likely to start at some point. He has the third most innings (21.1) of any pitcher.

We have had 18 players pitch this year. Hall is really spreading the work around; much more than previous years. Probably because he can and we have a lot more talent.

Parr for 3 innings followed by a few others is the "staff day" model isn't it?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
My bad on Dulaney starting. I agree he is likely to start at some point. He has the third most innings (21.1) of any pitcher.

We have had 18 players pitch this year. Hall is really spreading the work around; much more than previous years. Probably because he can and we have a lot more talent.

Parr for 3 innings followed by a few others is the "staff day" model isn't it?
Parr starting followed by a RH power pitcher!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Parr starting followed by a RH power pitcher!

?? Well, it looks like Pitts is the starter from the RanblinWreck site. Oh well, it should make the game more competitive. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/032916aaa.html

Looking forward to the game tonight just because it's been a while. I liked the UNC series where I could listen on WREK with a 60 second delay to ESPN3. That way if there was a play of interest I could come back to the TV and watch the play. Not an ACC game tonight but a game where a win doesn't change anything but a loss moves us down. While most polls have us around 20th, College Baseball Central has us just outside the Top 25. And has 7 ACC teams above us. That's the good thing about playing in the ACC; we'll get a chance to play the good teams. So far we are 2-4 against good ACC teams (FSU & UNC). http://collegebaseballcentral.com/college-baseball-central-top-25-32816/13462/

Just win, polls matter at the end of the season for NCAA seeding.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Unfair to bring Gorst in for the ninth with a 5 run lead. All he did was get 2 SO on 10 pitches. All pitchers did good.

13 hits and no errors. 2 DPs. But a few base running errors or we would have scored more. Agree, being on Duke. We have won 14 of the last 16 series against them.

Bad or neutral news is that I didn't hear anything about Hughes. I sent in an email question about his status and no discussion. Hope he's back this weekend.