Ga Southern

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
How many do they expect? I realistic number. I have a really cocky friend that is pissing me off saying he heard southern will have 30 thousand....

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
My Southern buddy sent me the gif of that Steeler kicking that punter in the face and said "this is what Southern is gonna do to Tech"

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Wow, you'd think we're playing the '72 Dolphins from some of the stuff I'm reading on here.

There's a reason we're a 20+ point favorite in this game. Doesnt' mean it won't be close or tough, but this ain't no "pick'em" game.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
We lead wire to wire for the first time this season.
Certainly could happen and hope it does .........now look my friends Southern is not a normal small college town football team.They have plenty of killer instict and like playing giant killer.Big thing is depth and they lost the game in my humble opinion at NCS due to it.They will play us hard since they have much to gain from the trip to Hotlanta.

GSUJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Strongest unit on the field will be GTs offense, and the weakest will be Southern's defense, so unless Southern's offense can turn it into a shootout, it won't be much of a game by the 4th. I think some Southern fans are forgetting how bad their defense has been due to their last 3 games being again terrible offenses.

Barring any turnovers, I'm predicting a 21+ point win for Tech.

Full Disclosure: Southern grad\fan + lifelong GT fan.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I know a Michigan fan who prefers Tech for a local team (academic and engineering reputation makes him so inclined) who has an interest in going Saturday. I told him I would check to see if I can help him get a ticket for less than face value since he is interested in going but not so much on spending much money to do so.

If anyone has a ticket to unload they can pm me.

Animal02

Banned
I know a Michigan fan who prefers Tech for a local team (academic and engineering reputation makes him so inclined) who has an interest in going Saturday. I told him I would check to see if I can help him get a ticket for less than face value since he is interested in going but not so much on spending much money to do so.

I am surprised.....since UM / Ann Arbor is so much like UGA / Athens. Both fan bases whine a lot.....so many walmart fans, and the engineers......meh. I would take a Mich Tech grad over UM. ;)

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I am surprised.....since UM / Ann Arbor is so much like UGA / Athens. Both fan bases whine a lot.....so many walmart fans, and the engineers......meh. I would take a Mich Tech grad over UM. ;)

Yeah, I choose to not give him too much grief. I figure someone who will root for Tech if he is at the game is better than an empty seat or one rooting for the opponent. Besides, this last weekend certainly humbled him both for his own team being shutout by the Irish as well as the Big overall losing too many games.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck

GTAA has 25 dollar tickets.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
GTAA has 25 dollar tickets.
That cheap now? It was 35$ last time I had checked so I guess it can drop closer to game day. I will see if he will swing for that.

There are certain considerations that keep me from just buying the guy a ticket myself but I told him I would let him know if I found an option for him cheap enough to convince him to attend.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
That cheap now? It was 35$ last time I had checked so I guess it can drop closer to game day. I will see if he will swing for that.

There are certain considerations that keep me from just buying the guy a ticket myself but I told him I would let him know if I found an option for him cheap enough to convince him to attend.
Unfortunately I forgot that minimum is 3 for that deal, from the GT tickets website: "Family Packs are now available! Family packs includes game ticket and hot dog/drink voucher. A minimum of three tickets must be purchased."

Cheapest on stubhub still in $40s, so you could potentially sell the other 2 for $25 each :)

BoroJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I believe Tulane would handle Southern
I think you are sadly mistaken, since Tulane couldn't stop the run. It would be a shootout because Southern's weakness is their secondary and Tulane throws the ball.

Southern lacks the depth that GT has. In the fourth quarter @ NCST, lack of depth showed.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So, iiuc, Southern fans remember CPJ fondly. What happens to that fondness if we shame them mercilessly? (I'm not predicting that we will) Is that received as respect or disrespect?)

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I think you are sadly mistaken, since Tulane couldn't stop the run. It would be a shootout because Southern's weakness is their secondary and Tulane throws the ball.

Southern lacks the depth that GT has. In the fourth quarter @ NCST, lack of depth showed.
He was careless, but our corners played pretty well. He made some incredible throws in the first half, but they were very risky also. I do think Tulane would beat them though. GSU has become very overrated since giving Bama a hard time in a half a few years ago. They have showed up for the big games ans lost some of the lesser ones. We wont be over looking them, we really need to have a breakout game this Saturday. There's no reason why we shouldn't beat them by 21+.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
So, iiuc, Southern fans remember CPJ fondly. What happens to that fondness if we shame them mercilessly? (I'm not predicting that we will) Is that received as respect or disrespect?)
he's in the GS hall of fame. his picture is on a mural in the new football operations center. doubt they'll whitewash it, haha!