Ga Southern

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Heads up, game is on ESPN+, only baseball game this year on ESPN+. Fortunately, I use my son's Disney+ a few times a year for this type thing. Too many different providers.

Interesting that we have the substantially higher pitching ERA and lower pitching OBA. Ga Southern only has one HR ...... bigger park. An advantage of transfers I hadn't thought of is that they should be used to different parks more? Or is there so much travel ball that the players are all used to different parks and not a big deal?

1708431529846.png

Last edited:

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Heads up, game is on ESPN+, only baseball game this year on ESPN+. Fortunately, I use my son's Disney+ a few times a year for this type thing. Too many different providers.

Interesting that we have the substantially higher pitching ERA and lower pitching OBA. Ga Southern only has one HR ...... bigger park. An advantage of transfers I hadn't thought of is that they should be used to different parks more? Or is there so much travel ball that the players are all used to different parks and not a big deal?

View attachment 15759
Well....that ERA number is significantly skewed by one inning of work in the 1st game. Get rid of that and our ERA is lower than GSU. Hopefully it will come down with a few more games under our belt.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Well....that ERA number is significantly skewed by one inning of work in the 1st game. Get rid of that and our ERA is lower than GSU. Hopefully it will come down with a few more games under our belt.

Yeah, ignoring limited sample size, Busse isn’t gonna be pitching tonight.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm pretty sure all of Tech's games this year will be on ESPN+. That's how I watched all 3 Radford games.
It's a little bit of semantics. If you have a true ESPN+ subscription, you can watch all the ACCNX games. You can also watch ACCNX games with a cable subscription by providing your credentials on the ESPN app login. This game is only available to ESPN+ subscribers so if you just use the cable login to watch games, this one isn't available.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

"Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?"

We had a pitcher who self destructed and a coaching staff that didn't pull him. He's a fourth year and been to the Cape. He doesn't need seasoning when things are going that bad, IMHO.

L41k18

Jolly Good Fellow
It's a little bit of semantics. If you have a true ESPN+ subscription, you can watch all the ACCNX games. You can also watch ACCNX games with a cable subscription by providing your credentials on the ESPN app login. This game is only available to ESPN+ subscribers so if you just use the cable login to watch games, this one isn't available.

I see. I've been all streaming for a long long time. 👍

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Glad we pulled this one out. We gave away two runs in the first inning with those walks…nothing I hate more than that. If we had lost the game because of that I would have been really upset. Not very impressed with the outings by Brown or King, but Cam Jones saved our bacon tonight! As a transfer from Ga. State I think we got us a good one!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I really like the resiliency that this group showed! It seems like we always play this way in Statesboro, start slow and then pull it out at the end. McGuire looked great after the first inning and Jones was electric. I agree with @MWBATL that Brown and King didn't look impressive, but I also didn't like when King was pulled. I would have liked to see him get one more batter. I also think that Bechetti and Yunger need to move up in the order. Those guys are some dudes!

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
This seemed like a really solid win. After the two walks in the first we held steady and kept grinding. Wish I would have been in chat to see if any complained about the sac bunt …….