Ga Southern

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I also liked the lineup that we rolled with today, but I want to see Webb hitting 2nd. A 1-2-3 of Waddell, Webb, and Guldberg can kill people with their speed and ability to get on base.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
This team didnt quit. Had some ga sou people making fun of "nerds" when we took the lead. Felt bad for the guy. But as was said, a W is a W.
They don’t bark like a bunch of imbeciles. They got that going for them.
Nerds? I mean if the shoe fits...
...also what's worse?
1) Losing to a better baseball team/program or
2) Losing to a better baseball team/program full of 4-eyed, calculus takin, shoe starin, pocket protectorin, baseball smashing NERDS!!!!

I embrace nerd ballin!!!

Go Yellow Jackets!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great gritty win. Every team is different and we need more offense. A lot more. We are going to be facing much better pitching soon. But we won.

I liked getting Tres in. Wish he had subbed for Baron and not Hall.

Hope Jenkins will be ok soon after possible knee hyper extension.

Bartnicki was shaky at times but survived. 1 ER in 4.0 IP. But made it harder with 3 BB and a HBP. Did get 3 SOs.

Something to build on.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
What was up with the announcers? This game was much better than Sunday. Those 2 were BORING! Lots of dead air.
I was driving a lot so listened in the car.
The guy Friday was good, but was fun for the dude to get all excited in the GaSo game at the end.

And WTF with the other music on WREK. Jesus H there are some jacked up tastes if that's the crap they play.

Yeah, I'm old. Get off my lawn!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
What was up with the announcers? This game was much better than Sunday. Those 2 were BORING! Lots of dead air.
The guy Friday was good, but was fun for the dude to get all excited in the GaSo game at the end.

And WTF with the other music on WREK. Jesus H there are some jacked up tastes if that's the crap they play.

lol! the Music ads are so strange. I mean I’m sure there’s people that like those genres of music, but it’s really odd. And I’m relatively young at 32, and it is weird to me.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Welcome to WREK radio! I was at the stadium last weekend, so didn't listen to the broadcast. From what I understand, Wiley and Roddy were on ACC Network, or ACC Network extra, or whatever they broadcast the weekend games on these days. Wiley was on the radio broadcast with Nick Scherer for the Ga. Southern game on Tuesday. Wiley's broadcasts are the ones you want to listen to. He has been a great announcer for GT baseball for a number of years now.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
This team didnt quit. Had some ga sou people making fun of "nerds" when we took the lead. Felt bad for the guy. But as was said, a W is a W.
Lol!! Not to harp on the NERD thing too much, but this is just too cool. So... based on @TooTall 's testimony here... the salty Ga Southern fans goes with the "nerd" name calling after Tech took lead in top of the 9th. Then our very own Aerospace Engineer pitcher toes the rubber in B9 to finish what he started in B8. Now listen to CDH's interview embedded in this game recap... particularly the details about Crawford's academic credentials in last 10 secs of Hall's comments.
https://ramblinwreck.com/no-19-tech-battles-past-eagles-in-thriller/

Nerd 1
The entire Statesboro area code 0

Give me more NERD BALLIN! ...all day!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Watched the replay of the 9th on ESPN+. Didn’t realize how intense the game had gotten. GSU Coach and crowd were living and dying by every ball call in the T9. Going crazy when the lead off guy got walked on what looked like good calls.

GSU P chirped something bad enough at Holland after striking him out to make Holland think about doing something before the ump stopped and him and warned the P.

GSU 1B got rustled when our guy beat out a DP by several feet that would have ended the game thinking they had made the play.

And our guys showed more emotion after the K to win the game than I’ve ever seen from us for a midweek game.

Must have been a lot of chirping back and forth from kids who probably played a lot together growing up. Southern must be feeling that 11 game losing streak to us a little deeper this year.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Crowd started to get on the ump in the 9th. Only time they did it. I guess they could sense something.

Plate ump wasnt consistant, and irked both sides. Same as we had early year mistakes, the ump are just starting their season as well.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Welcome to WREK radio! I was at the stadium last weekend, so didn't listen to the broadcast. From what I understand, Wiley and Roddy were on ACC Network, or ACC Network extra, or whatever they broadcast the weekend games on these days. Wiley was on the radio broadcast with Nick Scherer for the Ga. Southern game on Tuesday. Wiley's broadcasts are the ones you want to listen to. He has been a great announcer for GT baseball for a number of years now.
I'll put in a plug for Wiley, as well. We were friends at GT together and in the same fraternity. Awesome guy. You'll have a hard time finding a bigger GT fan, especially one who's working as hard as he is right now across all of our sports. Hoping he ends up as our play-by-play guy down the line.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll put in a plug for Wiley, as well. We were friends at GT together and in the same fraternity. Awesome guy. You'll have a hard time finding a bigger GT fan, especially one who's working as hard as he is right now across all of our sports. Hoping he ends up as our play-by-play guy down the line.
Wiley it THE BEST EVER at GT baseball.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Lol!! Not to harp on the NERD thing too much, but this is just too cool. So... based on @TooTall 's testimony here... the salty Ga Southern fans goes with the "nerd" name calling after Tech took lead in top of the 9th. Then our very own Aerospace Engineer pitcher toes the rubber in B9 to finish what he started in B8. Now listen to CDH's interview embedded in this game recap... particularly the details about Crawford's academic credentials in last 10 secs of Hall's comments.
https://ramblinwreck.com/no-19-tech-battles-past-eagles-in-thriller/

Nerd 1
The entire Statesboro area code 0

Give me more NERD BALLIN! ...all day!
Crawford may be my new favorite player. Hope the story continues .......

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GS has lost 12 in a row to us. Had this one taken away in the 9th.

Yeah, I can understand their frustration. Oh well, next?

As to Wiley, great guy who I've talked too. I enjoy listening to him. More later.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Wiley it THE BEST EVER at GT baseball.
Sir Richard Musterer, and it’s not even close. He is the original, longest tenured voice of GT Beesball.

Al never did Tech Baseball, but his tapes with the Akron Zips were incredible. He was the original duo in the Braves Broadcast Booth.