Future Series & Schedule... problems?

GTFLETCH

Banned
What is the hold up on the 2017 schedule? IS Auburn, UT & UCF really options or is the AD having problems with scheduling?

Hiram_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I think we've been trying to get into one of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff games, slated to be played at the new Falcons stadium. They just announced the 2016 matchup this morning (the Tar Holes against the Dwags), so maybe we'll hear something soon.

LibertyTurns

Banned
What is the hold up on the 2017 schedule? IS Auburn, UT & UCF really options or is the AD having problems with scheduling?
Would you want to sign up to play GT in 2017? You're an SEC homer and you just watched GT beat the Mutts with GT having a new Soph QB, 1/3 of GT's offensive production sidelined for the last 2 games & rebuilding the defense, then went and beat down Miss St handily.

Get out of the road, here comes the GT bus. CPG's loaded the gun in 2015 with a large recruiting class that will be RS Sophs in 2017 (some will start and be 3rd year players as Juniors). He gets a couple of key playmakers this year for 2016's Frosh class & watch the F out. There's going to be a trail of blood in our wake. I predict we'll take some lumps this year with all the attrition, but by 2016 we'll be a very tough out and by 2017 we'll be next to impossible to stop. We'll see if JT and the OL can carry this team on their backs next year offensively because it might take that.

SEC teams are not that dumb, most run away from a challenge like they're avoiding the plague. One OOC loss and it destroys their chance at a national championship. They've got nothing to lose. They already play in the biggest baddest conference known to man. They've got nothing to gain by scheduling GT and everything to lose. Just win in that incredibly difficult conference & you get your ticket to the Big 4, right? I'm surprised they don't get one position a year for the NFL playoffs.

Bottom line- if I had GT scheduled in the next 10yrs, I'd be fundraising for the buyout money now. Would not be good to be punched in the face then curb stomped in early September and try to crawl back in the rankings from deep outside the Top25. Not a recipe for success.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Seems like the pups hand pick their opponents. I would like to see them play TCU, USC, Oregon, or Michigan. Why don't we play ND in the CFG. ND wants to recruit GA, and we play them anyway. Matter of fact, play it every year.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like the pups hand pick their opponents. I would like to see them play TCU, USC, Oregon, or Michigan. Why don't we play ND in the CFG. ND wants to recruit GA, and we play them anyway. Matter of fact, play it every year.
uga and ND scheduled to play in 2017&19

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I would love to see us play against Auburn..I feel like it would bring a lot of national attention because of the high powered offenses.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

I would like to see us schedule us schedule tcu, usc, oregon or michigan too.

What makes you think we can dictate we play in the CFG (?) every year?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I would like to see us schedule us schedule tcu, usc, oregon or michigan too.

What makes you think we can dictate we play in the CFG (?) every year?
You misread or I was not clear. I would love to have a neutral site opponent every year at the Falcons stadium. It does not have to be opening day.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think we've been trying to get into one of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff games, slated to be played at the new Falcons stadium. They just announced the 2016 matchup this morning (the Tar Holes against the Dwags), so maybe we'll hear something soon.
As with others, Auburn for sure. But a sprinkling going forward of Michigan or Michigan State or Ohio St., TCU, Baylor. Impossible, I know, but a fellow can dream.