Future schedule news

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I am now hearing that the move was "necessitated" by the fact that UCF has a game on Thursday of the following week. So their problem becomes our problem. Hmmm

Primetime night game in September instead of 95 degree heater at noon is now a problem?

Some on here refuse to go to games in September because of the heat of Saturday afternoon game and they beg for night games. We get 2 primetime, made for TV night games in September and folks are still complaining. Is it the GTAA or the fans that are holding us back? (not directed at any individual, but rather a whole section of folks on this board who are never and will never be satisfied.)

Primetime night game in September instead of 95 degree heater at noon is now a problem?

Some on here refuse to go to games in September because of the heat of Saturday afternoon game and they beg for night games. We get 2 primetime, made for TV night games in September and folks are still complaining. Is it the GTAA or the fans that are holding us back? (not directed at any individual, but rather a whole section of folks on this board who are never and will never be satisfied.)
I have already said I have no problem with it, but some people do and for very good reasons. However, the fact that we had to change our schedule to accommodate UCF's scheduling problems does not strike me as a particularly good thing to do.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
So you don't like the fact that our coach reached out to the coaches of the players we are recruiting to get their opinion on us playing against a G5 team at night in Sept rather than noon on Saturday, and they said go for it??
Nope don't care at all . I still against college football games on Friday nights. Want to know what our attendance is so bad , no not the 3 wins , because of TV ( ESPN) how bad was attendance last year on a Thursday night for NC State , you know you were there with me and supersizetharmutt but most aren't like us that live over 2 hours away. And how many tickets will ucf buy for a Friday night game.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Many of us have children playing and cheering Friday nights. Some of us don’t live in Atlanta so it is not as easy to get there. Most of us have jobs and we can’t always arrange our schedules for this. Not that they care, but it is not optimal for many fans

I live 3 hours away from downtown ATL. I have a job. I also have a second job that requires me to work on Friday nights during HS football season. But guess what?? As of 11:45 today, I've put in for time off for these 2 fall dates, and to take a half day after the Thursday night game.. With the spring game on Good Friday, my business will be closed so that takes care of itself.

I will never tell anyone who has a child playing or cheering to miss that. But the other excuses fall flat.

NorthsideJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't care this is the state of Georgia you do not play a game on Friday night this makes us look like the AAC candy a++ football ' You play on Saturday, Saturday night or Thursday night.
This just makes us look bad would Alabama Clemson Auburn or uga play on Friday night in the deep south ? NO

Exactly. Absolutely hate it! There are several of us who actually work/volunteer for local high school ball games and this just sux. I was already going to have to miss the Clemson opener because we are having to play a dreaded Thursday night road game - now this. I never thought a traditional southern college team would ever move a game to Friday night -- like someone else said, that other atlanta team 70 miles east of BDS would NEVER do this. And i call BS on 'consulting with local HS coaches' --- this is all about the TV contract. Plus, a non-Saturday night game is a real PITA for those of us that don't live in the immediate Atlanta area!

herb

Helluva Engineer
I live 3 hours away from downtown ATL. I have a job. I also have a second job that requires me to work on Friday nights during HS football season. But guess what?? As of 11:45 today, I've put in for time off for these 2 fall dates, and to take a half day after the Thursday night game.. With the spring game on Good Friday, my business will be closed so that takes care of itself.

I will never tell anyone who has a child playing or cheering to miss that. But the other excuses fall flat.

Then you agree that this is not optimal? I didn’t say I wouldn’t be there if my child is not playing. I said it was not optimal for the fans. There is a general recognition that college football is Saturday and high school is Friday. I look forward to those Saturdays. It is my opinion this is not good, I may be wrong. But so may you

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Ehh, this sucks. Would be better to play it on a Thurs than a Friday. But losing another Saturday home game really stinks.

Really not regretting passing on season tickets for this year. Tailgaiting opportunities will be severely limited

ugacdawg

Georgia Tech Fan
Seems like a good opportunity for GT to get on the national stage (although that can backfire if the team doesn’t show out) but I would have thought losing a home game recruiting opportunity would have made this a deal-breaker, even if the HS coaches didn’t have an issue with it.

It means one less time (and there are not that many already) to get a player on campus for a game-day atmosphere. Maybe some unofficial visits from a few 2023 kids, but any of the 2021 or 2022 recruits that you’d want to invite will be playing on Friday night.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Then you agree that this is not optimal? I didn’t say I wouldn’t be there if my child is not playing. I said it was not optimal for the fans. There is a general recognition that college football is Saturday and high school is Friday. I look forward to those Saturdays. It is my opinion this is not good, I may be wrong. But so may you

Neither is any game earlier that 4pm on Saturdays as I get off work those Friday nights after midnight.

No game can be attended by 100% of the fans. We all miss a game from time to time due to our own set of circumstances. But honestly, do yall think the current admin would intentionally do harm to our program?

Seems like a good opportunity for GT to get on the national stage (although that can backfire if the team doesn’t show out) but I would have thought losing a home game recruiting opportunity would have made this a deal-breaker, even if the HS coaches didn’t have an issue with it.

It means one less time (and there are not that many already) to get a player on campus for a game-day atmosphere. Maybe some unofficial visits from a few 2023 kids, but any of the 2021 or 2022 recruits that you’d want to invite will be playing on Friday night.
Not all HS teams play every game on Fridays; some now play on Thursdays or Saturdays. But even those who play on Saturdays wouldn't be able to come to a Friday night college game because of practice and preparation. The Friday night conflict, whether it be with HS games or HS practice and prep, is a real issue