Fun Thing till saturday to discuss

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
. Ted Roof for LB
I said it somewhere else but Kyle E is Ted Roof II imo...which is a very big complement. If we upgrade at LB I think someone like Key Fox, Phillip Wheeler , Marco Coleman (my pick), Daryl Smith, Mackel Harris or Keith Brooking would help this team more than Ted. I am looking for an outside guy and/or an upgrade in wheels to help this specific team. Again, this is no disrespect to either Kyle or TR or you bc Roof was a difference maker at his position and an all time GT great.

apatriot1776

Ramblin' Wreck
1 for special teams would have to be butt kicker.

I would like Gotsis for DE even though he played DT for us. Ted Roof for LB

Shaq Mason for the OL and Dywer
Good call on kicker. Not sure what's going on with Birr that made him go from automatic to shaky this year. It'd have been interesting to see how the Syracuse game played out as a 17-24 game into the 4th instead of a 14-24 game, as well as the Louisville game as a 25-24 game late in the 4th instead of 31-19. Though to be fair, Butker also missed his fair share in 13-15.

Kickoffs would be less hairy too, can't find college stats but he's averaging like 70% touchbacks in the NFL.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Though to be fair, Butker also missed his fair share in 13-15.

Kickoffs would be less hairy too, can't find college stats but he's averaging like 70% touchbacks in the NFL.
That's why I went with Sisson over HB...I recall SS being more consistent throughout his time on the flats. I think HB's kick against the dwags and his NFL career influence people's thinking a great deal.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
That's why I went with Sisson over HB...I recall SS being more consistent throughout his time on the flats. I think HB's kick against the dwags and his NFL career influence people's thinking a great deal.
People forget Butker got cut from his first NFL team. To his credit, he kept practicing and improved on his craft.

apatriot1776

Ramblin' Wreck
Too young to have watched him but judging solely by college stats HB is still arguably a better kicker. 71.7% on FG, 99.0% on XP for Butker vs. 68.2% on FG, 98.3% on XP for Sisson.

Surprised to see, Travis Bell and Scott Blair (...and Aidan Birr 😬) outkick both by percentages.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Too young to have watched him but judging solely by college stats HB is still arguably a better kicker. 71.7% on FG, 99.0% on XP for Butker vs. 68.2% on FG, 98.3% on XP for Sisson.

Surprised to see, Travis Bell and Scott Blair (...and Aidan Birr 😬) outkick both by percentages.
Oh I see. You are one of the nerdy types who want to use facts and data and do research to argue on the internet. I much prefer to rely on alcohol impaired memories from decades ago, hunches, gut feels, intuition, flagrant lies and pure manufactured bull**** when engaging in an internet debate. ;) :):whistle:

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe it was just my kid memory, but I would want to add Phillip wheeler on D. I feel like he was just everywhere and would be good against todays offense. And then Michael Johnson

For O, I’m going Shaq mason and choice. Just play absolute bully ball

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Our front 7 is the main issue IMO on Defense: Give me Gary Guyton at LB and Michael Johnson at DE
On offense we could still use a larger stretch the field receiver and help at Guard on the OL: Shaq Mason at guard and Bey Bey or Calvin at WR would make this offense incredible.

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Oh I see. You are one of the nerdy types who want to use facts and data and do research to argue on the internet. I much prefer to rely on alcohol impaired memories from decades ago, hunches, gut feels, intuition, flagrant lies and pure manufactured bull**** when engaging in an internet debate. ;) :):whistle:
I am stifling all of my knee jerk reactions to this comment!

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Just to make it a little more interesting for myself, I limited myself to players who played in the 2020s and I still think I turned this team into a CFB Playoff contender. Otherwise, as others have said, there’s not too much strategy as you really can’t go wrong.

Offense: Jahymir Gibbs and Pressley Harvin

Jordan Mason is an obvious choice on first glance, but with Gibbs and Haynes, would a third stud HB make that much of an impact? Field Position will be critical with our running game and defense. Let‘s get the all star punter.

Defense: Keion White and Tariq Carpenter

White will have a huge impact on the DL and Carpenter will help our linebackers.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
On D, Jeremiah Attaochu and Morgan Burnett

On O, PJ Daniels to get those tough yards and DeAndre Smelter (just to be different from Calvin)

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
People forget Butker got cut from his first NFL team. To his credit, he kept practicing and improved on his craft.
The Panthers drafted him, but stuck him on the practice squad because they could not commit to replacing the incumbent kicker (Technically, they had to release him to get him on the practice squad) . The Chiefs said thank you very much and signed him off the Panther's practice squad. Everything the Panthers do seems to blow up in their face.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
The Panthers drafted him, but stuck him on the practice squad because they could not commit to replacing the incumbent kicker (Technically, they had to release him to get him on the practice squad) . The Chiefs said thank you very much and signed him off the Panther's practice squad. Everything the Panthers do seems to blow up in their face.
…and the Chiefs said, “Thank you so much. I’ll take this.”