FSU Winston Coming Back?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Winston is the physical prototype nfl QB with an NFL arm imo. But he's a mental child. No one in America thinks Jimbo would ever bench JW despite his sideline threat to do so. But JW actions, off the field and on (I've never seen a college QB argue and yell at a HC the way JW so often does).....makes him mentally unfit to even draft IMO.

jason72

Georgia Tech Fan
If he is smart he comes back stays out of trouble and out of the news. His draft stock you would think has taken a huge hit. If he came back and had a good year it would go back up.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
The Rose Bowl performance was not exactly NFL draft inspiring. My gut tells me he's coming back at this point. The game at BDS next year is looking huge. Let's hope the game against the 'noles is scheduled early in the season, as F$U will have more adjustments to make in the offseason than GT will.

slugboy

Staff member
If I was an NFL scout, I'd have red warning flags all over Winston's eval, and would expect him to play in the NFL the way he did in the Orange Bowl.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Winston is the physical prototype nfl QB with an NFL arm imo. But he's a mental child. No one in America thinks Jimbo would ever bench JW despite his sideline threat to do so. But JW actions, off the field and on (I've never seen a college QB argue and yell at a HC the way JW so often does).....makes him mentally unfit to even draft IMO.

Imagine if he did that to PJ haha.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
If Johnny Manziel can get selected in the first round Winston is a lock. However, Manziel's antics this season while collecting an NFL check may show that a leopard can't just change it's spots.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think Winston is gone too. With his talent - he's another Andrew Luck in terms of physique and game smarts - he's a lead pipe cinch to be a first rounder. Besides, it's the tests they give before the draft that the NFL teams go by, not what the players actually do or what their personality appears to be. I don't doubt that he'll do fine on those. And all that sideline stuff between him and Fisher is just a matter of coaching styles. Jimbo pretty much invites that kind of familiarity and you have to say that it works; if Winston played for us, say, there's no way it would happen.

But if he comes back, then we'll have a more challenging game with the Criminoles. Nothing more, nothing less.

ps: I wonder if Winston is a good enough baseball player to get drafted into that sport. If so, the NFL may never see him on the field. Give me my druthers and I'd be a baseball player so fast it'd make their heads spin.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
fxe3j.gif

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think Jimbo will put his arm around Winston, talk and laugh about the good times as they walk to the door, then push him out and lock the door behind him.

Then look back at him through the little window and act like he can't hear Jameis protesting to get back in. "Huh?" "You wanna what?"

Eastman

Helluva Engineer

Spot on. Especially the "mental child" statement. When I think of great NFL quarterbacks that is one attribute that doesn't come to mind. He has all the "tools" but I truly doubt he can produce consistently in the pros and bet he ends up with a "Vince Young" type career.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
People here are making a big mistake dismissing Winston's abilities to read a defense, find the weak points, and make the throws he has to. He's as good a QB at breaking down defenses as we faced all season, and he has the arm to make every single NFL throw.

He's not beating people with athleticism, he's beating them by being a really smart on-field QB and having all the physical tools to make that a nightmare for opponents.