FSU vs UGA in the “Who Cares? Bowl.”

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
FSU and uga face off today in a game that pits two teams deeply disappointed in how their seasons ended. Admittedly, FSU is the more bitterly disappointed team since they did everything necessary to get invited to the Big Dance but ran into the propaganda buzz saw that is the ESPN/SEC franchise.

Many will not tune in today due to an understanding of how meaningless this game is. Swarm members in particular may have had enough of FSU whining and showing their a$$. Understandable. This has been an ugly and classless demonstration.

Personally, other than watching Tech, I have not even watched five minutes of all the other bowl games combined. But I plan on tuning in today for at least the first ten minutes.

Why?

Because I want to see how the announcers play this. There are four major story lines about this game and everything else is a made for TV drama. Those story lines are:

1. FSU was cheated out of a rightful place in the playoffs by a stacked system that counts on SEC viewership to pay the bills.

2. FSU will be fielding an entirely different team than the one that gave LSU one of their worst beatings in recent memory.

3. FSU is more interested in leaving the ACC right now than they are in playing in a meaningless consolation game.

4. Neither the coaching staff, or the players who suit up for the game, will be doing much more than going through the motions today.

If the television crew tries to report this as a usual college football game they will prove that they are not sports journalists in any sense of the term but are paid shills advancing an agenda.

Feel free to share your thoughts, whether prior to the game, during the game, or after the game.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It would never happen, but I would actually have respect for FSU if they took the field and just took a knee.

/
My preference would be for both teams to take a knee.

But I’m getting the feeling uga is approaching this game seriously. I guess Kirby Smart figured out the right things to say to his team to make them care. That’s some powerful mojo to overcome the failure to threepeat.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Reference to Norvell playing with “all these young pups getting a chance today.”

If they keep calling this game in a realistic way (with context) it will be only the low information fans who are idiotic enough to believe this game is any kind of referendum on FSU’s season or ability.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Welp…..that didn’t take long. Announcers starting to gush about uga’s offense moving away from the narrative that FSU only has two starters left on defense.

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but uga’s starting offense against FSU’s second string defense just isn’t the dramatic / magnificent example of fine college football one used to get in bowl games.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Seems this thread didn’t capture anyone’s attention.

Still curious what others think about how the announcers are handling this game. Is it legitimate to hype uga’s performance against a practice squad? Should they be talking more about NIL and the new landscape for college football? Should they put this game in the larger context of multiple bowl blowouts this year and games where teams didn’t show up? Is the real news story here that players skipping bowl games is going to increasingly be the new norm?

And what about the future of bowl games? Will fans turn out for exhibition games?

Then there’s the whole demise of the ACC debate which they have contributed heavily to in the past with their ESPN narrative. Is it appropriate to have a full discussion of that now with the game just on as background?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
You have the thread on the right section, it just isn't looked at as often nor the same masses.

Wish FSU could pull off the miracle, but that's not going to happen.

50% of the offensive production opted out and almost all of the s defensive starters.

Entirely possible uGa scores 70 or more today. ☹️

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You have the thread on the right section, it just isn't looked at as often nor the same masses.

Wish FSU could pull off the miracle, but that's not going to happen.

50% of the offensive production opted out and almost all of the s defensive starters.

Entirely possible uGa scores 70 or more today. ☹️
Yeah, I had no doubt FSU would get hammered. I just was curious to start a conversation before the game about how the narrative would get played. I wanted to have give and take with people because my prediction was that people would say the playoff committee was proven justified rather than considering that the playoff committee was at least partly responsible for FSU choosing not to take a consolation game seriously.

So the ESPN-playoff-SEC-committee narrative will continue that the ACC sucks and the SEC is all powerful (even though the ACC beat the SEC head to head this year).