From the Stands Offensive Play Film at the GT Mercer Game

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Why does it seem our guys go down immediately upon contact while opposing ball carriers drag our defenders a yard or 3? Jet squirmed away from many attempts and Marcus had the one nice run for td (and it was nice 4:17), but other than that.....

I hope we see some smash mouth running this week. Can't wait to get DM back on the field.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Why does it seem our guys go down immediately upon contact while opposing ball carriers drag our defenders a yard or 3? Jet squirmed away from many attempts and Marcus had the one nice run for td (and it was nice 4:17), but other than that.....

I hope we see some smash mouth running this week. Can't wait to get DM back on the field.

Lynch and especially Qua may not run over people like Mills but they regularly "slither" and "dodge" and avoid the head on lick, resulting in them usually falling 3 yards+ after initial contact. L Griffin and M Jordan seems to consistently get yardage as well after initial contact. I do agree that that the smash mouth run you over runner is fun to watch. M Marshall has a knack of twisting after contact and falling forward. Right now Qua has the best yardage after initial contact and in the open field tends to go way past first contact. Except for perhaps Mills I agree we do not have the run you over type back, but we do get yardage after first contact from several runners.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Sure seems like Qua is only ab that can see the future & and naturally run behind the blocker to make the blocker look good.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Looked like it was filmed near my seats for the previous 3 years. I was in Section 108 right on the 30 yard line. Good seats. I miss going this year due to travel complications here in NC. I sure do miss it and some great people around me at the games but I don't miss the 6 hour drives.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Excellent! I love this view because I can actually see what the secondary is doing and what the pass routes look like

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
That's great, and thanks! But it sounded like some woman was having an orgasm about every third play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Man Freddie burden explodes off the ball, our o line actually looked pretty good for the most part, Hopefully they get better every game though. Imo on offense the biggest thing we need to work on is the perimeter blocking on sealing off the LB's and safety's from getting to the edge, I would like our Abacks to have a chance to turn up field a little faster, instead LB's are using the sideline to there advantage, if we could turn up field faster we would be looking at bigger plays.