From the Seats

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Then how are we supposed to get better then if we lose more money from tickets sales. Y’all must want to continue to decline. I just dont get it. We are not like a lot of schools that got millions and millions of fans. So for schools like tech the more money they lose year after year the further and longer it will take to compete. It takes money to complete at this level. Lot and Lots of it.
I’m just stating the obvious. Or would you rather me state, “Better get your season tickets now before they sell out.” You can either face the situation or deny it exists. We need another Homer Rice that will roll up his sleeves, take the problems head on, and get things done.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I’m just stating the obvious. Or would you rather me state, “Better get your season tickets now before they sell out.” You can either face the situation or deny it exists. We need another Homer Rice that will roll up his sleeves, take the problems head on, and get things done.
Like raising over $170,000,000 in about 20 months? ADTS did that. Give the guy credit. He is well aware of the debt. But without money on top of money coming in, it is hard to pay down $200,000,000.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We got into a lot of debt under DRad. We had some coaches to pay off. Interesting that TStan did get more donations than needed for a new Edge center.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Living in Tennessee for 30+ years, & having UT Knoxville as my second favorite team,,, I'm used to money flowing for fired coaching payoffs, new facilities, etc.,, with no one batting an eye!
(But they ain't getting their money from me!! Doing what I can for GT,,,)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
There have been a lot of improvements to athletic facilities in the last decade or so. Practice Building , softball field.....
But those were probably needed. The stadium "improvements" gobbled up much more and the money was largely thrown away.

Animal02

Banned
But those were probably needed. The stadium "improvements" gobbled up much more and the money was largely thrown away.
But it still added a lot of $$$ to the overall spending. Agree that the North endzone was a waste.....as well as putting those club seats on the east side. Also think the south end zone was a mistake the way the tore down the horseshoe and built that blob

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We got into a lot of debt under DRad. We had some coaches to pay off. Interesting that TStan did get more donations than needed for a new Edge center.
Does the new Edge ctr REALLY do much except to give all the staff nice new offices.?The same staff that is not getting it done now. There isn't a better use of that $?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Does the new Edge ctr REALLY do much except to give all the staff nice new offices.?The same staff that is not getting it done now. There isn't a better use of that $?
It is supposed to bring all the AA under one roof (they are spread all over campus right now) and provide state of the art nutrition, sport science, and other capabilities. As well as new seating for viewing the game.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Guess I'm out of the loop, or not too smart,,,but how did we get into so much debt??? Building facilities or what??
"O'Leary's Folly"

aka that north stands monstrosity and his luxe office digs, and the rebuild of the east stands. Money wasted to appease George and his demands, and then he abandoned Tech anyway.