Fridge

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I know it would never happen but I would love for CPJ to bring him in and make him an OC!! Man he was a helluva OC for us in the O'Leary days.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Ralph is a great with the X's and O's, and he is able to fully analyze film of his team and the opponent's team. This made him a great offensive coach. With this ability, he probably could have been a great defensive coach also. However, it has been said that he hated recruiting, and may not have the personality to be a head coach (maybe his downfall there). I think he has proven beyond doubt that he is a good offensive coach. I expect Rutger's offense will be good this year.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Guess who his coach in waiting was at Maryland? Hint: he recently left Vandy to go to Penn State. Also Ralph was ACC COTY and then got axed.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Good for Ralph, love his offense, wish he was back at Tech.
Yep Franklin is a Fridge disciple.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Guess who his coach in waiting was at Maryland? Hint: he recently left Vandy to go to Penn State. Also Ralph was ACC COTY and then got axed.

Franklin is on record saying how much he respects Ralph, and how much Ralph has meant to his coaching career. What happened at Maryland was because of the administration, not because Franklin was hot to push Ralph out the door. If Franklin really wanted to push Ralph out the door he wouldn't have bolted for Vandy because everyone knew Ralph was getting the axe so they could get Franklin in the seat quicker.

Here's more about Franklin's feelings for Fridge, and the turmoil during their last season at Maryland:

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._james_franklin_are_surprisingly_similar.html

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
What are the approximate salaries of our coaching staff?

Roof is like 450 or 550. Most of the position guys are in the 150-200 range

Fridge as a oc here was one of the highest paid in ncaa at the time. Then near 10 years at md making well over a million to 2 million a year. He is not hurting.