Freedom From Religion Foundation Against D-Mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
His role is more inspirational than proselytizing. I'm not a Christian and want a wide chasm between church and state, but this is silly.
Totally agree, he's motivational support for the team. He does lead prayers, but even non-religious people can use that as a time for reflection. If he was offending anyone on the team I'd understand, but i also bet he'd amend his speeches if it bothered someone. Seems like a real nice guy...

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
the number of people who wander this earth and are miserable is mind-boggling. aren't there more important issues out there...like shooting lions or saving the whales or saving starving orphans or letting women into the membership of Augusta National?

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Go in peace my sons:
And I for one will chant for each game-

As we get ready to go into attack mode, God, be with these boys.

Sounds like a new T shirt should be made!

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Isn't he employed by the AA, hence not a state employee?
Can we get a resident lawyer to chime in and clarify?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Stupid organization supported by stupid people, imo.

They don't oppose religion because there has been no official endorsement of a religion for them to attack. Rather, they attack references to God, while many spiritualities and religions don't refer to God. So they really seek freedom from God, but that also is a religious position.

Only people who don't think well can support their nonsense.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The Daily Show did a good piece on these clowns from the FFRF, basically it comes down to they're just being dongs. I'd link it but I'm too lazy.
Derrick Moore is an awesome dude, our team is lucky to have him, and I'm sure this will all blow over eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.