Fred Holton

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
This sucks. I was hoping Fred would be on the field to crack some skulls this year. Any chance he gets back on the team with some hard work like Chris Jackson or is this set in stone?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Don't like his joking around about a kid's future....this won't play well with potential recruits. Holton's actions may have warranted his dismissal but i think CPJ takes the "i'm a real hard-azz" routine too far at times.
I disagree. The media guys were laughing but I don't think CPJ was joking. You break team rules, there will be consequences. It's not every day a player gets kicked off the team.

Now, I don't know the details of what happened but I imagine it was either a relatively serious rule or Fred didn't react very well when he was caught.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
He went MIA during camp I think.
Wow. Feel bad for Fred because he was put in a very unfortunate situation. Was thinking he would have had to have a ton of patience and was very glad when he was cleared. Guess his patience ran out?

Best of luck to Fred in whatever he decides to do. Definitely agree that I hope he will remain in school and finish his degree.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I mean they are in camp and staying at the GT hotel. Its something that everyone has to do and he thought that it didn't apply to him so he left without permission and didn't care.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I listened to CPJ's comments and I didn't hear a damn bit of humor in his tone. There were some media members that laughed but that laughter died down REAL quick. I would have loved to have seen the look on CPJ's face when the laughter started!

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
they are staying at a Marriott...not the GT hotel.
they are staying at a Marriott...not the GT hotel.
Sorry about that...I thought that's what I had read but I just checked and they never specified. Still though they are all accountable to obey the rules and this is part of the time where bonding and a team is formed. If CPJ cuts this guy slack then he becomes Mark Richt... If Holton had been more remorseful than I am sure CPJ would have given him another chance. But I have heard lately that this isn't his first run in with CPJ.

You simply can't go AWOL during camp and not expect consequences. But I admit I thought it was a stiff penalty until I heard he wasn't that remorseful and he has had a couple of problems before.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I listened to CPJ's comments and I didn't hear a damn bit of humor in his tone. There were some media members that laughed but that laughter died down REAL quick. I would have loved to have seen the look on CPJ's face when the laughter started!

I noticed that as well. The reporters laughed but CPJ seems very serious. I hope the issue will be resolved and that Fred will be able to move on. From the interview and the tone of CPJ, it appears his mind is made up. I would wager there is way more to this story than we are seeing.

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
I noticed that as well. The reporters laughed but CPJ seems very serious. I hope the issue will be resolved and that Fred will be able to move on. From the interview and the tone of CPJ, it appears his mind is made up. I would wager there is way more to this story than we are seeing.

What happened?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I hate it for Fred and us as well...But at the end of the day he put himself in this spot.