Francis Kallon update

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
He's currently 6'6 and around 305 pounds...he's been playing at DT. Pelton has commented on how raw he is.

johncu22

Georgia Tech Fan
Honestly...do you expect him to contribute this year? I know it's kind of unfair to expect him to be ready to go after only playing football for 2 years, but there was a LOT of hype around him.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
johncu22 said:
Honestly...do you expect him to contribute this year? I know it's kind of unfair to expect him to be ready to go after only playing football for 2 years, but there was a LOT of hype around him.

I don't expect much from his this year.

He has a lot of talent, just still learning. I expect him to start performing at a high level in 2014.

KevinSC

Georgia Tech Fan
I think the D-line will be okay waiting another year on Kallon. Moving to the 4-3 I think helps guys like Gotsis, who got a lot of reps last year, and I believe Deike and Cummings will benifit as well. I am sure Kallon will get reps and he will develop nicely with all that athletic ability and size he has.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Just watched his highlight tape for the first time. He is very quick off of the snap and has a relentless motor. You could tell by his tackling technique that he hadn't been playing football long, he stayed up high and more or less bear hugged his opponents. Could be a very special player for Tech, with unlimited potential.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Francis just needs to be the first one off the bus! I remember Bobby Ross saying that is what he did with Ken Swilling when Tech went on the road during his tenure. Big Ken put the fear of God in the opposing fan base when he strode down that stair way and hit the ground off the team bus.

If this big cat can be taught to play angry, he could be playing on Sundays down the road.

Go Jackets!