Fox, Warner and ESPN Team Up to Create Sports-Streaming Platform

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
There is an article on the Wall Street Journal about this. It is behind a paywall and it is marked as an exclusive so I am not sure if it is available to the general public. The article has more questions than answers but it says the channel/app will be available as a stand alone and on ESPN+ and Hulu.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
There is an article on the Wall Street Journal about this. It is behind a paywall and it is marked as an exclusive so I am not sure if it is available to the general public. The article has more questions than answers but it says the channel/app will be available as a stand alone and on ESPN+ and Hulu.
What would be the cost? And can I also watch the Olympics on it?

MusicalBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
What would be the cost? And can I also watch the Olympics on it?
In another article posted in another thread, there is this:

“While no price has been determined, a logical starting point could be $45 or $50 per month, according to a person familiar with the matter, who asked not to be named because the discussions around the service have been private”

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I saw that it will include every ESPN property and every Fox sports channel, plus Big Ten Network, TNT, TBS and even truTV. The Athletic calls it "The Great Rebundling".

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
So will this be exclusive content or just an alternative for fans who don’t have cable/satellite/streaming tv?

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
So will this be exclusive content or just an alternative for fans who don’t have cable/satellite/streaming tv?
From what I can tell, it's the latter. The article states that ESPN will also still be going ahead with its plans to offer ESPN as a stand-alone, direct-to-consumer streaming option.

L41k18

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like a big nothing burger to me.

I mean if this were a reality right now & this is what you had for sports, you couldn't even watch the Super Bowl.