Former Tech WR "Bug" Isom, alive and well

Sorta hate to create a new thread for this, but I thought it was something other old-timers like me would appreciate. While at Kroger in Augusta today, I was stopped by a guy who complemented me on the Tech shirt I was wearing. We talked for a bit, and, since he looked like he might have been a football player, I asked him if he had been and what his name was. He is Roosevelt "Bug" Isom, a WR who played under Curry in his last few years and under Ross in his first year. Super nice guy, and he let me take photo of him to share. In turn he also sent me a couple of photos of him back in his playing days. Since he was originally from Augusta, I recognized his name immediately. Does anyone else here remember him?

Attachments

• Bug Isom 2.jpg
    Bug Isom 2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Bug Isom 3.jpg
    Bug Isom 3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Bug Isom 1.jpg
    Bug Isom 1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 228

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
Not only do I remember, I have a strangely specific memory of him. I was on the campus bus near the Tech Tower when another football player called "Bug!!! Bug!!! Bug!!" from the back of the bus as he got on. I consulted either the media guide or a game program to find out who he was. Always wondered what happened to him.

Not only do I remember, I have a strangely specific memory of him. I was on the campus bus near the Tech Tower when another football player called "Bug!!! Bug!!! Bug!!" from the back of the bus as he got on. I consulted either the media guide or a game program to find out who he was. Always wondered what happened to him.
I didn't ask him what he did after he got out, but he at some point ended up back in Augusta and still follows the Jackets. After a hiatus due to his children, he plans on buying season tickets again next year.

Cant forget a guy named Bug.

I wish we could have a sticky "Whatever happened to " thread.

Fun stuff.
Yeah, that would be a great thread. I ran into Eddie Lee at the Madison, GA truck stop on the way back to Augusta a couple of years ago. He had been to the game too. Unfortunately, I was so awestruck, I didn't even think about getting a photo....LOL

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, that would be a great thread. I ran into Eddie Lee at the Madison, GA truck stop on the way back to Augusta a couple of years ago. He had been to the game too. Unfortunately, I was so awestruck, I didn't even think about getting a photo....LOL
Eddie Lee had a ton of trouble with drugs once he got to the NFL, didn't he? Hope he got that sorted out....

I know the guy who was the blocking fullback for Eddie Lee. He seldom got to carry the ball, and the one game he got over 100 yards rushing was overshadowed because it was the game that Eddie Lee set the NCAA rushing record (vs. Air Force in the snow)...LOL

Animal02

Banned
Sorta hate to create a new thread for this, but I thought it was something other old-timers like me would appreciate. While at Kroger in Augusta today, I was stopped by a guy who complemented me on the Tech shirt I was wearing. We talked for a bit, and, since he looked like he might have been a football player, I asked him if he had been and what his name was. He is Roosevelt "Bug" Isom, a WR who played under Curry in his last few years and under Ross in his first year. Super nice guy, and he let me take photo of him to share. In turn he also sent me a couple of photos of him back in his playing days. Since he was originally from Augusta, I recognized his name immediately. Does anyone else here remember him?
I will assume the shirt was the correct shade of gold or was it white? ;)

Eddie Lee had a ton of trouble with drugs once he got to the NFL, didn't he? Hope he got that sorted out....

I know the guy who was the blocking fullback for Eddie Lee. He seldom got to carry the ball, and the one game he got over 100 yards rushing was overshadowed because it was the game that Eddie Lee set the NCAA rushing record (vs. Air Force in the snow)...LOL
I don't remember any drug issues, but that's been so long, I may have forgotten.