Former Tech great, Billy Martin

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Isn't that play the reason for the fall out between Dodd and Bryant?
It was the main reason that alienated Dodd with Bryant. Dood had issues with the SEC, and Bryant, also in limiting scholarships since he honored all his commitments and Alabama did not. The main issue about that play and cause of friction is that Bryant did not discipline Holt. But the next year, a Tech DE stomped on an Auburn player's head while he was on the ground and was promptly kicked off the team by Dodd. I was in Harry's in a booth havin a picher or two after the game, next to a booth with a bunch of players. The DE arrived after meeting with Dodd and told his teamates Dodd had kicked him off the team and he would not be going to our bowl game. That incident did not affect Dodd's relationship with Shug Jordan at all because of how Dodd handled it.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

It was the main reason that alienated Dodd with Bryant. Dood had issues with the SEC, and Bryant, also in limiting scholarships since he honored all his commitments and Alabama did not. The main issue about that play and cause of friction is that Bryant did not discipline Holt. But the next year, a Tech DE stomped on an Auburn player's head while he was on the ground and was promptly kicked off the team by Dodd. I was in Harry's in a booth havin a picher or two after the game, next to a booth with a bunch of players. The DE arrived after meeting with Dodd and told his teamates Dodd had kicked him off the team and he would not be going to our bowl game. That incident did not affect Dodd's relationship with Shug Jordan at all because of how Dodd handled it.

Not only did Bryant not discipline Holt, he refused to admit that Holt was in the wrong.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Not only did Bryant not discipline Holt, he refused to admit that Holt was in the wrong.
That is true. After the dispute with Dood, Bryant began bragging to his supporters that when he absoluely had to come to Atlanta, he always brought a sandwich so he wouldn't have to eat Atlanta food.