Helluva Engineer
Tech players that are no longer coaches:
Marty O'leary
Bill Fulcher
William Alexander
Bill Curry
Pepper Rogers
Joe Guyon
Jim Luck - coached baseball and was an assistant AD.
There are a lot of players who became high school coaches.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Tech players that are no longer coaches:
Marty O'leary
Bill Fulcher
William Alexander
Bill Curry
Pepper Rogers
Joe Guyon
Jim Luck - coached baseball and was an assistant AD.
There are a lot of players who became high school coaches.
Smylie Gebhart (Miss St)
Jack Griffin (GT)
Billy Williamson (GT)
Franklin Brooks (GT)
Jack Williams (GT, UVA, & IIRC VMI)
Mark Hunter (GT)
Maxie Baughan (GT, Cornell)
Bob Bossons (GT)
Frank Broyles (GT, Mizzou, Arky)
Jim Carlen (GT, Texas Tech, USCe)
Mark Hendrickson (GT)
Richard (they censored the name he went by) **** Inman (GT, various)
Jimmy Robinson (NY Giants, Falcons, GT et al)
Glenn Spencer (GT, OKST, et al)
Dynamite Goodloe (GT)
Jack Westbrook (GT)

Not sure: Lew Woodruff (GT)

Jakie Rudolph (Memphis University School)
Corky Rogers (Jax Ribault, Lee & Bolles)
Gary Faulkner (several Mid GA HSs)
Chris Ramsey (ATL area HSs)
George Maloof (Pi Hi) & his sons

Here's a 60 YO article on Dodd's 1960 Staff

I'm sure there are more, but that's just a quick scan of former ASSTs in the Media Guide, plus a few I knew personally.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Stan Gann was the OC for the Warner Robins High School Demons before taking the reins as Head Coach of their crosstown rival, the Northside High School Eagles. His successor was Conrad Nix, the father of Patrick Nix.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Do College Strength Coaches count
Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Last edited:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
George Maloof (Pi Hi) & his sons

My dad was an assistant for Maloof way back, way way back. Always spoke super highly of him, especially his ability to watch game film once and recall what every single player was doing on the play. Now my dad was prone to exaggerations but still. Anyways, back to the topic at hand.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
My dad was an assistant for Maloof way back, way way back. Always spoke super highly of him, especially his ability to watch game film once and recall what every single player was doing on the play. Now my dad was prone to exaggerations but still. Anyways, back to the topic at hand.
Never met George or his kids, but played vs PiHi in '67 for Dalton - Kicked the two slowest extra points (both wounded quail) ever kicked & Dalton won 21-7.

Played at Tech with Jackie Brandt, Steve Kramer, Dave Beavin, Greg Blake, Joe Pelt, Steve Morgan, Dave McCarty, Karl (PeeWee) Barnes, Mike McDermott and Jim Arnett and they all thought the world of George.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Here is a thought. If the offense struggles next year. Do we try and hire Corey Dennis to be the OC? Setting him up to take over after Collins? Depending how long Collins is here. Could be 4 more years or could be 20.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
What would be great (though I’m not as down on CDP as some people) is if we had a similar situation like we had with Groh (but more successful).

Hear me out. Auburn still owes Mahlzan a lot of money. What if he came here for a couple of years and took very little salary? Even if he was just holding off for another head coaching job.

I can dream can’t I?